Prologue

“I am not sure about this anymore. Why do we have to do this?” a slightly accented voice asked, his words laced with uncertainty. “There must be other ways we can do this. What had they ever done to us?”

“It’s not about what they had done to us.” A similar voice answered, but full of conviction and purpose. “It’s about what they will do. The world needs to change and it is not going to happen without some pushing.”

“It doesn’t have to be this way.” The first voice pleaded and a silence fell. The tension was palpable as the two silhouettes faced each other. The moonlight streaming into the room cast a long shadow behind the two, diverging from one another forming a sinister V-shape.

“Have you forgotten what they had done to us? What this so called gift had brought us?” the second voice demanded and the other person flinched as they he had hit him. “This is our chance to right the wrongs that had happened, so things that happened to us will never happen again.”

“But…”

“No buts.” The purposeful one shouted, “We are doing what is right. And if you are having second thoughts, I suggest you go and see the Commander.”

The other boy sighed and watched as his companion stormed out of the room. He buried his face into his hands and slumped on a chair. He never thought things will get this way. There was a time when he was like his brother, convinced that this was the only way forward after what had happened; but the years they spent away from the group had made him see that all is not lost. One percent of bad seeds and extremists do not represent the rest of the world. He shuddered as memories of what they had already done in the name of peace, knowing that there was nothing he could do to stop it. if the Commander knew he was having second thoughts, he was sure that he wouldn’t live to see another day.

Walking towards the window he peered outside and admired the beauty of the deserts stretched out before him, the Sun peeping over the horizon casting long shadows on the pyramids visible in the distance. Humanity had come such a long way, four thousand years of histories were almost wiped three hundred years ago; would this really be the end of everything we have ever known?

His mind flashed back to the report he caught a glimpse of yesterday, a report that he shouldn’t have seen. A smile crept upon his face as his thoughts drifted to the girl. When they first met he knew she was different, but reading the things that she had done. He shook his head and smiled. Maybe all was not lost.

“Good luck Abigail.” He whispered, staring into the distance. “You are our only hope.”

-------------------

Hey guys! Here's the 3rd and final book as promised! I have just handed in my Master's thesis (cheers for me please!). I will upload chapter 1 asap, still working  a few timeline and character issue. I am going to do a massive edit for the trilogy when I finished this - and *hopefully* try and get it published!

*Important* - I was stuck thinking of what to do for the cover and my mind goes blank - if anyone is wililng to make me a cover I will be forever grateful - so much that I would name a character after you ;) send me your submission via message and I will pick one by the end of January. Did I mention that my birthday is coming soon? :P

That aside, being the multitasker/hobbyist that I am (is that even a word?) I have started my own travel blog - it will mean the world to me if you guys can check it out: www.laughtraveleat.com

Let me know what you think of this mystery person and how it would relate to the whole story! I love putting ominous prologues :D