Chapter 18 Truth

"What do we do?" Aulia asked; her head whipping towards me as did the rest of my team. However, everyone else was, of course, looking at Bradly. Bradly's gaze flickered towards me for a second before turning towards the worried faces of the rest of the students.

"The second barrier should hold for a while." He said. "We need to trust that Mr. Andrewson's estimate is correct. We have at least another hour before they break through this second barrier, three if we are lucky."

I nodded at his estimation – those are reasonable assumption give that we were told both barriers would give us five hours combined. The attack from outside must be more severe than we thought. My mind drifted to the scenes showed by the Time Guardian and shuddered.

"Let's go and see Mrs. Tam." I said to my team, gathering myself up from the ground where I was checking one of the catapult's wheels. My team all begun to dust themselves and Diego shook hands with Bradly.

"Tell them to hurry." Bradly sighed; I could tell he was starting to fee wary of the situation's outcome. I nodded and we waved goodbye to his team, making our way back into the Academy.

"Lab is this way." Diego began leading us and I was starting to feel like everyone knew about my lack of direction. No one spoke as we navigate along the deserted halls, the general atmosphere was relatively down and I knew I had to say something.

"Don't worry, the second barrier is harder to crack." I reassured my team, "We couldn't have got in without the password."

"Password?" Grace asked as the mood lifted slightly and everyone looked at me. probably recalling the hilarious situation, Viktor and Casey laughed and even Diego stifled the smile spreading on his face. So I edited out how I found the password and told them about our fair-game style of entering the code.

"Fascinating!" Aulia exclaimed, her eyes darting towards the second barrier through the window. It looked the same as it was five minutes ago and I was glad to see there wans't a sigh of attack on it yet. "What are hieroglyphics?"

Before I could answer, Viktor started to launch into a speech about this ancient Egypt civilization that was alive a good four, five thousand years ago. Everyone was looking at him, wide eyed as he explained that human history actually stretched as far back as that and how there were what people believed to be magic and gods.

"Right." Ivan snorted, waving off Viktor as though he was telling a folk story, which in a sense he was. "I don't believe in those nonsense. Unless they were POE too."

I shook my head. I didn't for a second believe that there were POEs as far back as five thousand years ago. Because if there were, shouldn't most of us be POEs by now? However, what tugged at my mind was the word that Iris used. Mystic. There was certainly something different about the second barrier, something that even POE powers and advance technology combined couldn't explain.

Taking the next turn left, we arrived at the door of the Academy's mechanical lab and Diego knocked on the door swiftly. A voice called out for us to wait, followed by a series of what sounded like small explosion and startled scream from some. Sharing a look with Diego, he began to attempt to pull the door back when someone slid the heavy metal doors open and a huge cloud of smoke came out.

Revolution (Book 3 of POE Chronicles)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें