Chapter 35 The Legre Peace Treaty

-------------photo of Fred Bowen here especially for Sita_Cipher (for those of you who had already read it, apologies :) ---------------

"Are we all set?" I asked nervously, looking out towards the sea for any sign of movement. Beside me are ten other people, each a younger generation of the respective house. Katerina had gotten one of her distant relatives to come as well, and we were all standing on the side, waiting for everyone else to set up all the gear that would be necessary for us to live stream the entire event. Let's just hope Mr. Eel doesn't throw a fit again or we would all be in danger of mass electrocution.

"Why is Gerald here if you are already the designated one?" Cynthia asked, who had come along to officially represent the Balikova family. Nirmal and Lei An were conversing softly with each other on my other side, with the perceptually quite Chung on their other side.

"Simple, he wants to keep an eye on his love." Lorenzo bragged and I shot him a glare; he always liked to stir up trouble, but I doubted he knew that he actually hit the jack pot this time.

"No one is asking you." I rolled my eyes at him while Cynthia merely pretended that he didn't speak. Those two didn't get on, it's a personality clash.

"How long are we supposed to stand around for?" Elena Alveraz-Carillo looked around vigilantly, her body poised and ready for an attack, even after I told her that this was a peace mission, not a war.

"I wasn't able to get a clear timing to them; I am not sure how Legres measure time anyway. But we are set to meet in the early afternoon, so they should be here soon." I answered, sneaking a glance to see what the other four Original descendants that I didn't really know well were doing.

Sebastian Falcon, whom I vaguely remember seeing once in Katerina's castle were listening intently to Marcus Lessig, the two seemed to be deep in discussion about something that had nothing to do with the present. Joelle Spencer, a pretty brunette who Lorenzo had been trying to chat up for the last half an hour had quickly engaged Ben Smith in conversations to avoid Lorenzo.

"Viktor." I almost screamed his name, dying of awkwardness as my only real friend in the group was talking to another person. Viktor was a bit startled by my volume, but came over nonetheless. Bless him. "When will everything be ready?"

"Any moment now, really." He answered, stifling a yawn. I hadn't had a chance to grill him about his time with Charmain, but there will be time later.

"You should stand with us when they come." I added, remembering how he blocked the lightning shot from the Eel for me. If something like that happened again, not that it should, having him with us would be a great help. Not all of us had defensive power. Elena could probably just fly away though. Lucky.

"Wouldn't it look weird if there are 12 of us instead of 11? I mean, that's already one more than the Originals." Lorenzo said rather tactlessly, but he wasn't really in contact with the real world when the de Silver was reinstated. Although Akram was unlikely to have ever taken part in the finalization of the Original Legre Peace Treaty, he probably had a role to play when it was under negotiation.