Chapter 28 Coincident | Destiny

Lynette's house is in the photo

----

It felt surreal, other-worldly even, when I finally stepped foot in London Citybase again. Viktor emerged beside me, with Gerald closely behind. I tried not to let my annoyance show as Lynette descended down the flight of stairs like she owned the place. Well, the de Silver family did own the plane.

"Well, granddaughter." She said, titling her sunglasses back as I resisted an eye roll. "Shall we get moving?"

Wishing that Grandpa Hugo was here with me instead, I grudgingly followed Lynette into the relatively modest car that awaited us. I didn't know why I was surprised when the de Silver jet showed up at Budapest Citybase unannounced, with Lynette barging through the Balikova's door demanding to see me. Gerald was there, naturally, and who knew what he was up to after we parted ways in Pax. Probably nothing good since he gave me a scowl so human-like that I almost thought he was feeling genuine emotions for a second.

Honestly, I didn't know how Lynette timed her arrival so well. We had only just returned from Hong Kong Citybase to drop off the Balikova family members who had come with us, after a lengthy conversation with Lei An about Chungkit Wong and our new agreement with the Sea Legres. I was trying to convince them that it was important that they had to arrange a flight for me and Viktor to go back to London Citybase when she came charging through the front door.

It was an extremely weird situation when your grandparents met for the first time. And truth be told I wasn't knee of it happening anytime soon, or ever again. Lynette was nothing but snorty and horrible to Grandpa Hugo, even though the latter was the actual POE between the two. However, Lynette insisted that her POE genes were merely dormant, like that was actually made sense.

Despite not wanting to admit it, Lynette's arrival was the perfect opportunity to get us back to London Citybase as soon as possible. Seeing no other choice but to include the two in my plan, Lynette agreed very quickly and we were in the air in fifteen minute's time.

"Do you know where Akram's house is?" I asked Lynette, breathing a silent sigh of relief as Viktor settled next to me and not Gerald. That guy still gave me the creeps. Lynette smile, although I wasn't sure if she was pretending to be more knowledgeable or had some real answers.

"We will go back to my house first, I believe the clue starts there." She answered, which meant that she didn't know. It seemed strange that Akram wouldn't have left his house to his descendants, although it was likely that over the generations, the family home had traded hands as well.

As we exited the airport, I couldn't help but feel a rush of déjà vu; the last time I was on this exact route was when Miss Sewell, who turned out to be Saralisa Spenser came to pick me up to the Academy. That seemed like it was a lifetime ago, and that Abigail a completely different person.

"Have you been back at all after...?" Viktor asked, trailing off as I shook my head. I raised my eyebrows at him and he, too, shook his head. I looked out the window at the River Thames, the second time that I had seen the river in my life and wondered whether the calm I saw before me was just a sign that a disaster was ready to strike soon.