5. Awkward

[Logan P.O.V.]

It's hot and sunny here on this beach. Must be somewhere in the Bahamas what with the pristine white sand.

Taking in as deep of a breath as I can, I savor the salty sea air. This is the life....only thing that would make it better would be...

"Hey you butt faced miscreant, don't just lay there! You said you'd help me put sunscreen on my back!" Pouts my perfect Ace. I can't help but chuckle at the fake angry expression on her gorgeous face.

"Alright, alright. C'mere," I say, opening the sunscreen.

She moves from where she was seated on her towel to sit in front of me, between my spread legs. Instead of warming the sunscreen in my hands, I put it straight on her bare skin earning me an adorable scream.

"Logan!" She scolds.

"Hold still, Ace!" I reach out trying to rub in the white sunscreen. This was pure heaven.

Once it was all rubbed in, she turned to face me. I felt her take my hand in hers and give it a small gentle kiss where my wedding band sat. Her diamond ring sparkling under the noonday sun.

"Logan? Loooooogan?" She calls to me but it sounds muffled.

I feel my eyes flutter at her gentle touch. Finally opening them, there she is. My Ace. Sitting in the chair next to my bed. Holding my hand.

As happy as I am that she's here, I'm still disappointed that the dream I just had wasn't real. It was our honeymoon. The one we will never take.

"Are you okay?" Rory whispers, pulling me out of my depressing thoughts.

"As okay as I should be. I'm sorry you had to come all the way down here."

"It's fine, it's nice seeing you," Her words trailing off towards the end.

I feel as though I should be angry at her still for walking away from the life we could have shared but with her here in front of me, I just couldn't. All I felt was the searing burn of our love or at least what remains of it.

"I'm glad you came, Ace," I can see her flinch as my words hit her, her visible reaction to my nickname for her pains me.

"Yeah Um I actually can't stay long. I just wanted to make sure you weren't dying. The nurse told me what happened," Her eyes finally meeting mine. I expected to see anger, maybe even hatred. I did not expect to see worry behind those beautiful blue eyes.

"It's fine, I'm a big boy Ace. I'll be fine by myself. I think Collin and Finn are coming by in a few anyway."

"O-okay. I guess I'll get back on the road then,"she stands, gathering her things from my bedside. I don't want her to leave but I don't want her to stay when she clearly doesn't want to.

I close my eyes for only a second, the sight of her getting ready to leave being too much for me right now, and then I felt it. Her lips laying a gentle kiss on my forehead igniting sparks and butterflies I hadn't felt since her graduation.

"Get well soon, Logan. Keep me updated?" She asked as she stood by the door, hand already on the handle.

"I will, don't be a stranger Ace," I say with a smile.

Then once again I had to watch the love of my life leave me knowing I could do nothing to stop it.

*author note:

If you see really bizarre typos, it's just autocorrect f.ucking me over.