22. Babysit

[Rory]

"ROOOORRRRRRYYYYYYY!" the drunken blond slurred as he shouted, pushing past Jess to wrap his arms around me.

The stench of alcohol coming from him was enough to make me gag.

"Logan, what are you doing here? Why are you drunk? What-" my words were cut off by his lips drunkenly attacking mine.

Next thing I know he's being pulled off of me and pushed into a chair by Jess.

"Alright buddy, what's going on here?" Jess asked him.

"I'm just here t' see my girlfriend buddy. What are you doing here?" Logan asked, trying to get up out of the chair only to be pushed back down by Jess.

"Well see, I'm Rory's best friend. I belong here. You on the other hand...didn't she dump you years ago?"

I saw the hurt swirl in Logan's eyes at the mention of our past and it felt like someone plunged a dagger into my heart.

"Jess stop," I spoke up as I approached the two men. "This is what I started to tell you about earlier. We kind of ran into each other and-"

"And what Rory? Do you not remember what a jerk this guy is? Do you not remember how many times I had to hold you, comfort you every time you yourself got drunk, all because of this guy?" Jess just about shouted at me.

"Yes, ok?! I remember. But that doesn't change the fact that I still have feelings for him and right now he's here and he's drunk and we need to help him," I continued as if Logan wasn't in the room.

"We? What's this we business?" Jess asked, looking as if I'd told him fish swam in the sky.

"We, as in you and I. Look at him?! He's drunk as a skunk. He stinks. He's heavy. He's passing out. I can't possibly take care of him by myself. Please Jess, please help me?" I plead as I give him my very best puppy dog eyes.

I could see his resolve cracking as he eyed my desperate expression. Puppy dog eyes work every time.

"Fine. But don't expect me to be okay with this. After all of the things he did, I don't think I will ever like this guy. You deserve better Rory," he lectured me as he grabbed one of Logan's arms, wrapping it around his neck to support him. "Come on big guy. As much as I want to leave you in the chair to sleep, your girlfriend won't have it so let's go."

Slowly Jess coerced my drunken Logan to the bedroom to go lie down. What has my life come to?

Earlier I was so angry and hurt by Logan and now I feel like a mama bear needing to nurse her sick cub. What is wrong with me?

And what is with this girlfriend business? I hadn't realized we were at the label stage. But then again it wasn't exactly like he asked me the first time either, it was more like he was determined to prove he could be a boyfriend rather than asking me in some sweet romantic way.

The sound of manly giggling and then puking met my ears. Ugh. This is going to be a long night.

Sorry this took so long to post!

Going through a lot personally at the moment and moved. I should be back to updating regularly now!