7. Speak

[Logan]

Today. It has to be today.

Today my heart will either begin to mend or will crumble beneath her feet as she leaves once again.

Today we either forge ahead together or wander apart.

Today is everything.

Lucky me, I got no sleep last night. I'm sure Rory will just love the bags under my eyes. She'll probably say some nonsense about how charming they make me look. Ah I've missed my crazy Ace.

She should be here any minute now....that is if she is still coming. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't.

Boy, am I pathetic? I think as I chuckle to myself. No one else could be as much of a fool as I have been to still cling to this last shred of hope, hope that she will be mine.

Colin and Finn sure we're determined earlier when they dropped me off, trying to get me to allow them to throw a party in my honor complete with strippers.....no thank you. Partying is what got me in the hospital and I'd rather not go back even if that was what it took to see my Ace again.

The crisp air out here on the balcony is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. God, she better say yes....

I just need her to agree to let me be part of her life again. We are like magnets, no mater what comes between us we always find our way together. If she will agree to see me again, even if just as friend, I know how things will work out. I feel it in every fiber of my being, we are meant to be together. Screw what anyone else has to say.

*knock knock knock*

This is it. I brace myself as well as I can opening the door....

"Hey," she says shyly, tucking her hair behind her ear, looking anywhere but at me. What I'd give to meet those crystal blue eyes right now.

"Hey Ace, come on in," holding the door open wide.

Her thin frame glides past me and into my apartment. Maybe I should brick over the door so she can never leave....ah better not. Tempting though...

"You said we needed to talk?" She asks, getting right to the point.

"Uh, yeah. I think we should. Please, have a seat," and of course she sits opposite of me, keeping her guarded distance. Here is is. I just have to say it before I throw up.

"Rory... we can't keep this up. These past few weeks, they've been killing me, quite literally might I add. I need you in my life Rory Gilmore, and I was hoping that maybe you needed me, too?"

Her eyes widened in what must be shock as she sucks in a breath.

"Logan, I...I can't. ..I....where is this coming from?"

"I realized I've made a huge mistake. I never should have put you on the spot like that, Ace, and I never should have said it was all or nothing. I will take any part of you I can get, just to have you in my life. Can't you feel it? The sheer pain it is causing just to be apart?"

"What are you asking for Logan? I won't give up on my job or my dreams, I can't. If that's what you're asking for-" tears have begun slipping out of those beautiful eyes.

"No, no, no, not at all Ace. I want to be whatever you want me to be. If you want to keep me as a friend then by God I'll take it and hope for something more in time. And if you want me, and I mean all of me, back then go ahead and take me. I am nothing without you Ace," Her tears just keep falling and I can feel my own beginning to fall. This woman holds my life in her hands and I don't know what she will do with it.

Wordlessly, she stands. Oh god she's leaving. My tears come faster, my breaths have become sobs wracking through me. She seems to have stopped, not even two feet from me. Next thing I know, her lips, the very ones I have been craving, are crashing into mine. Her hands fisting into my shirt, pulling me to her. I reach my hands up, caressing her cheeks and wiping away the tears I have caused as our lips melt together. This, she, is my home.

"I love you," I whisper against those angel soft lips, feeling them break into a smile against my own.

"I love you," she whispered back. I feel as if my heart had never been broken, as she makes it better than new with those simple three words that color my black and white world.

I pour every ounce of pain I have felt without her into our kiss, transforming it into our undeniable passion. My hands sliding down her neck, over her shoulders, down to her waist. She is pulling us towards my bedroom, knowing exactly what she is doing to me.

Small author note:

If you want a double update please vote on this chapter!