23. Scheme

[Nadine]
*after she texted Logan earlier in the week*

"Hi, Mitchum Huntzberger please," I spoke as coolly as I can manage what with my rage about to boil over.

"May I ask what it's regarding?"

"Oh, I just have some information about his son that he may find..... useful," I felt a smile spread over my lips as I began to set my plan in motion.  I told him he'd regret choosing her and now I will make sure of it.

[Logan]

*day after returning from Stars Hollow*

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Come in," I call mindlessly as I look over a contract regarding some new software at my desk. I was not prepared to be yanked from my train of thought by my irate father standing before me.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" Mitchum all but yelled.

"Well I was just going over a few contracts but now it seems I'm going to get a lecture. Tell me, to what do I owe this visit all the way from London, Dad?"

"You know exactly why I'm here. Why are you trying to throw away your future yet again? I thought we took care of that issue and moved on."

"What are you talking about? What issue?"

"The 'Rory' issue, that's what. When will you learn that she is not what's best for you? And why would you jeopardize your family's dynasty? Or are you forgetting that you've already promised to wed Odette? Seems to have completely slipped your mind," he spits the words like acid in my face. And I had forgotten about the merger and acquisition that was my impending arranged marriage to Odette. Being thousands of miles away and throwing yourself into work can do that apparently. Too bad it can't erase it.

Short update and I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long!! I forgot where I was going with this but I have a pretty decent idea now. Also in case you haven't noticed I did use a bit from the revival in this, seeing as how it went completely different from what I wanted. They destroyed Logan's character. But no matter, I plan to continue this all the same 😊