11. Interview

There she was. The very woman I was both hoping to see and hoping to avoid.

"Mr.Huntzberger, this is Miss Gilmore from The New York Times here for your interview. Remember, you have a meeting in fifteen minutes," an oblivious Nadine spouts as she backs out of my office. If only she knew who she just brought in.

My eyes can't help but sweep over Rory, taking in all of the subtle changes since I had last seen her. Her hair is shorter now, it looks gorgeous on her. Her clothes were very business like but still sexy, quite unlike how I remember her dressing in college. I must say though, I do prefer how she looks now over back then. She has really grown into as beautiful woman.

I can tell my stare is making her uncomfortable judging by her fidgeting and lip biting. Time to break the ice.

"So....long time no see, Ace."

"Hi, um I mean hello..L-Mr.Huntzberger. I-I'm here to do the interview. Um. I can go and send someone else to do this if this is too uncomfortable given our, um, history," yup. Still my same Ace, rambling and all.

"Really, it's fine Rory. We're both adults. We can do this. Please, have a seat," I direct her to one of the two couches.

"Okay, just a minute please," she begins setting up her notepad and recorder, digging in her bag for a pen.

"Here, use mine," offering her my silver engraved pen from my suit pocket. I've never even used it but now I'm glad I had it on me. Her fingers brush mine as she accepts it, sparking butterflies in my stomach. I'm a man, I shouldn't get butterflies from a simple touch now should I?

"Thanks. Ok, let's begin," reaching out to turn on her recorder on the coffee table. "What does your company, TLM Incoporated, do?"

"To put it simply, we build apps for mobile devices and are researching to develop our own brand of mobile devices as well." I have as feeling it know what her next question is, I just hope she doesn't ask it.

"That's interesting. What does 'TLM' stand for? I'm sorry, I didn't have time to research any of this before I got here," Her blush giving away how flustered she is. Whether it's from being unprepared or me I don't know.

"Ah, don't laugh," I warn her. This was the question I feared. "It's means The Long Morrow."

Maybe she won't remember. I'm torn between wanting her to connect the dots and wanting her to stay in the dark. The shocked look on here face proves that she remembers, though. The rocket.

"Logan, I...um..."

"Do you still have it?" I couldn't help myself. I need to know if she kept it.

"The rocket? Yes," she whispered the last word. Her face shows just how uncomfortable she is. I don't want that. I want back the ease we used to have with one another.

"Rory, I-"

"I should be going," she announces as she stands up abruptly. "We can finish this through email. I....I don't think I can do this right now."

She shoved her belongings into her bag and all but ran for the door. I hesitated to go after her. Why did I do that?

"Rory! Wait!"

I take off, tearing out of my office. Just as I round the corner, there she is. Tears streaming gently down her cheeks as the elevator doors closed. She's upset now but I think I can fix this. The fact that she kept the rocket gives me a small bubble of hope as well as seeing how emotional she got. If she had moved on or quit caring she would never have responded that way. From what I have seen of the Gilmore women, I can tell she still feels something.

"Nadine, I'm going to need to order some roses. A lot of them."

Can I just say you guys are amazing! You guys got 200+ reads in ONE DAY! I am amazed! That may not be a lot to some of you but let me tell you I am appreciative of every single one of them!

Also random but have any of you seen or read Outlander? I just watched the whole first season and now I'm reading the books before the second season comes out! Love it!

Don't forget to comment and VOTE!!!❤❤❤❤