18. Luke's

[Rory]

My mom's words keep ringing in my ears as Logan and I walk hand in hand to Lukes. She said to be careful but as I look at the man beside me, I feel nothing but safety. Even the ominous dark clouds above couldn't shake me right now no matter how much rain they held.

"So how was lunch with your mom?" He asked, finally breaking the comfortable silence.

"It went pretty good. I miss being here with her you know? I miss Stars Hollow. Someday I want to buy my own house and move back here."

"How would that work with The Times?"

"I'd telecommute if they'd let me. I can't tell you how many times I've pictured sitting over there in the town gazebo with my laptop, cranking out my latest assignment. Maybe I'd even write in Luke's!"

All this talk has me practically skipping with excitement.

"You know, there is a certain charm to this town," Logan squeezed my hand as we passed Doose's. "I mean, New York is nice what with all the hustle and bustle but here it's just so relaxing. I could picture myself here someday."

Oh god. That made my stomach flutter. I didn't know what to say to that. We aren't even back together, he shouldn't be talking about moving where I want to.

"Ace, I scared you didn't I?"

"Uhh..no.....Okay just a bit. How'd you know? I was trying to hide it," I asked him.

"Well the way you were squeezing my hand hard enough to almost break my fingers was tip," he grinned at me as he lifted our intertwined hands up to kiss the back of mine. "And you know what I meant. If things ever work out for us, I wouldn't mind being in this town. I didn't mean to scare you, Ace," he said with a sincere sweet smile.

Ugh he makes me melt.

"Oh. Well that's good to know," I gave him a smug smile.

Walking past the windows of Luke's diner, I can already hear Luke yelling at Taylor. Ah this is home.

"Ladies first," Logan insisted as he held the door open for me.

"Why thank you good sir," I did a small curtsy before walking inside.

"Anytime, Ace."

"TAYLOR HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU I'M NOT PUTTING PINK ALL OVER MY DINER! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S FOR EASTER!"

"Now Luke, we can discuss this. It doesn't have to be pink, there are several other pastels that would be just as appropriate."

"NO, NO DECORATIONS! I'M PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN TAYLOR. NOW GET OUT BEFORE I MAKE YOU EAT ALL OF YOUR STUPID PINK STREAMERS!"

"Well that's just rude," Taylor said as he clutched the baby pink streamers he was holding tight to his chest. He didn't waste any time making it out the door.

"Hi Luke, Taylor still being Taylor?" I ask as sweetly as I can.

"Huh? Yeah. Oh, hi Rory and...uh.. Logan. Yeah, he wants the whole town to look like the Easter bunny threw up on it or something. Already been by your mom's?" Luke asks as he heads back behind the counter.

"Yeah just came from there. She got busy, something about Michel and some angry guests expecting a spa that was promised on their website," I answered as we sat at a table.

"But they don't have a spa at The Dragonfly," Luke says looking confused.

"Exactly," I giggle.

"So what can I get for you folks?"

"I want the biggest burger you've got," I challenged him.

"Ah same old Rory. And for you?" He asked Logan.

"A burger actually sounds amazing," he said closing his menu.

"Two burgers, coming up," and with that Luke disappeared into the kitchen.

A silence settled over us like a blanket once more. Just then lightening flashed followed by a loud clap of thunder outside and it was like the heavens opened up. Out of nowhere it was pouring.

"Maybe we shouldn't have walked here from the Inn," Logan joked, eyeing the rain falling outside.

"Yeah, probably not the best decision we've made," I laugh.

He smiled his eye crinkling smile and I just knew if I wasn't sitting my knees would have gone weak.

Holy cow you guys are amazing!

I never thought this story would get even 100 reads but here it is almost 1900! I seriously cannot thank you guys enough!

This story still has a long way to go and I am so excited to keep it going.

Please take a second to comment and vote!

I love knowing you guys are enjoying the story and what your thoughts are!