19. Rain

[Logan]

The way the flashes of lightening lit up her crystal blue eyes made my heart skip a beat. Seeing the way her mouth pops open with a silent gasp at the rolling thunder makes me long to kiss her. I have to find a way to make her mine again or I'm going to go crazy.

"Want me to drive you guys back to the Inn? It's really coming down out there," offers Luke as he watches the rain hitting the windows of his diner.

"No thanks, I think walking could be fun," Answers Rory before I had the chance to open my mouth to take Luke up on his offer.

"Alright, well at least take my umbrella," he says, handing us his black umbrella.

"Thanks Luke. Ready to go Mr.Huntzberger?" She asks in this sweet tone that tells me she has something you her sleeve. She doesn't even wait for me to answer before she gets up and heads for the door.

"Uh, yeah, ready whenever you are." I slip some money onto the table and follow Ace outside. She already has the umbrella open and waiting for me.

"Shall we?" I take the umbrella from her and hold it over both of us. I keep my other hand pressed on her lower back, trying to keep her under the shelter of the umbrella.

The smell of rain mixed with the floral scent of all the flowers in the town square is intoxicatingly romantic. The way Rory keeps peaking up at me from beneath her lashes makes me think she can feel the mood too.

As we cross the road, a grin splits onto her beautiful cheeks.

"Come on! There's something I want to try," she said as she tugged me towards the gazebo, knocking the umbrella almost out of my hand.

"We're getting wet, Ace!"

"Dance with me, you know like how in the movies the guy sweeps the girl off her feet and they dance in the rain," Her speech so rushed I almost didn't catch what she said. We were now stood soaked beneath the roof of the gazebo.

"Right here? Right now? In the middle of the town square?" Her spontaneity has caught me off guard.

"Yes. Now can I have this dance?" She asks as she holds her hand out for mine. "It feels like a scene straight out of a movie right now so don't ruin the moment."

I reach out and take her hand in mine, making her spin under my arm and into my chest. Her warm little hands pressed against my wet shirt stir the butterflies in my stomach. She doesn't even know what she does to me, does she?

As we danced there as the rain poured down around us, it felt like we were whole again.

With the blush on her cheeks and the smile on her lips, Rory has never looked more beautiful. The fact that she walked into my office and turned my world upside down again is a sheer miracle. I don't know how I lived even one day without her these past few years.

Looking into her eyes, I can't help but lean in. My eyes flicking from hers to her lips, hers doing the same to mine.

And just like that, I'm lost against her velvet lips as they mold perfectly to mine.

Sorry it's short but I'm writing this at 2:30 am so it's the best I can do right now lol

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for getting this to over 2100 reads! You guys are amazing!

So now question for you guys:

where are you from?

I'm from Oklahoma, aka the most boring place in the US.