Chapter 1 : The CIA

Dad was already gone but I was still looking at the black screen. Cliff and Jett were stealing glances at me from the rear mirror but I didn't mind. Dad's words still echoed inside my head.

Philippines, huh? I really don't wanna go back to that place.

Nag-iba ng direksyon si Jett at bumalik kami sa Cerebrum, our headquarters, dahil sa utos ni Dad. I couldn't believe we had to drop this case and fly to the Philippines just because he said so. Being the director of CIA, his words are laws and I am not exempted from them.

When we arrived at the headquarters, Jett drove the car to Cerebellum, the headquarters' technical center. Our equipment, gadgets and vehicles are all stored here.

"Go. I'll park this first," sabi ni Jett kaya naman lumabas kaagad kami ni Cliff.

"Didn't know that going to the Philippines is one of the methods to make you quiet." I glared at Cliff after he said that and he ruffled my hair in return. "What an ugly expression. Stop that."

Dahil ayokong makipagtalo sa kanya ngayon ay inirapan ko na lang siya at hindi ko siya pinansin hanggang sa makarating kami sa Quadrant, our sleeping quarters, which is located at the left side of the building. The Quadrant is divided into four sides, just like the Cartesian plane and each of them are assigned to our classes. The first, second, third and fourth Quadrant house the class A, B, C and D, respectively.

"Nel!" Napatingin naman ako sa second floor at nakadungaw ro'n si Naia, ang roommate ko.

Sabay kaming umakyat ni Cliff at naghiwalay kami nang makarating kami sa second floor dahil sa left wing ang boys at sa right wing naman ang girls. Oh, and the second floor belongs to class S.

"Why are you here? I thought you guys are chasing Elliot's business partners?" she asked as we walked into our room and I sighed in return.

"Dad told us to drop the order and he sent Blake's team to continue it."

"Why? Did you get a bigger case?" Kinuha ko ang dart na nasa table namin at tumingin ako sa world map na nakadikit sa pader.

"Nah. Dad wants us to go to that country." I threw the dart and it hit my target.

"Philippines?" she asked and I nodded.

After that ay hindi na siya nagtanong at bumalik na siya sa kama niya. As usual, nakaharap na naman siya sa laptops niya. Yup. She has four laptops because of her line of work.

Bigla namang nag-flash ang relong suot ko at pagtingin ko ay nakadisplay ang pangalan ni Dad kaya pinindot ko kaagad ang accept button. Dad's hologram hovered and I had to suppress my annoyance.

"Nel, come to my office."

Hindi na ako nagsalita at in-end ko kaagad 'yon. Nagpalit muna ako ng damit at saka ako lumabas ng kwarto namin. Dahil nasa leftmost side ng headquarters ang Quadrant at nasa rightmost naman ang office ni Dad ay halos twenty minutes ang nilakad ko para makarating doon.

The Cerebrum is the main area of CIA and it's divided into four lobes. Dad's and the executives' offices are located at the Temporal. Noong nasa tapat na ako ng office ni Dad ay saktong lumabas naman mula roon si Dale, one of his Executives and one of my mentors during my Academy days.

"Hey kiddo, long time no see!" sabay gulo niya sa buhok ko at napangiti naman ako.

"I'm not a kid anymore, stupid."

He's just 25 years old but he's one of the best agents here. Plus, he's got the looks-red hair that complements his red eyes, fair skin, the cute little mole right beside his left eye and his model-like body. Almost all the girls here admire him but he said he isn't interested on complicated things like dating or love.