Chapter 24 : I Trust You

I was still shaken by the fact that we just met Raven, a zweite. Her presence was too intimidating for a humdrum. That was why Ben Santos, her husband, could pocket public funds and embezzle money from private institutions—he has a connection to the underground market and people who could help and benefit him.

"Too easy," Cliff said when he finally cracked the code.

"Vigenère cipher, isn't it?" Naia commented since I sent her the same code.

"Yes. Didn't expect that the keyword would be that easy."

"So, what's the message?" tanong ko naman.

Vigenère cipher, huh? I heard that in our Cryptography class before but I didn't pay any attention since I was not interested in cracking codes. Sinilip ko naman ang laptop ni Cliff at na-decipher na niya ang coded message.

HTVGDIPMQXFJTQBBGEP

NPYOVGPCRAKCZUVIPFRHSOLNESBWSVKUPMGXU

HEYSMWTCUFNATOPQIV

Below those unreadable letters was the decrypted message.

Give the money to Raven.

Do not worry about your financial statement.

We will take care of it.

"Hooh, so that woman is really Raven, a Nox member," sabi ko nang mabasa ko ang message.

"Yes and it seems like that congressman is pocketing money from his funds to sponsor a non-existing company," dagdag ni Naia habang patuloy na nagta-type sa laptop niya.

"Non-existing company?"

"Yes but if my hunch is right . . ."

"It's owned by Nox."

The three of us simultaneously turned our heads to the right after hearing his voice. He was looking at us with his frowning face and all of us ran toward him.

"Jett!" I exclaimed, relieved that he finally regained his consciousness.

"Glad that you're awake," Cliff added and he helped him sit up.

"Well . . ." Jett glanced at Naia's direction since she wasn't saying anything. She had been worried about him since that accident. She said if she just discovered the bomb planted in the car earlier, our injuries would be prevented. As our Keeper, she felt guilty because we almost got killed.

"Stupid," she suddenly muttered. "You should've called us instead of listening to our conversation. You stupid gun addict."

She marched back to her table and the two guys were just staring at her, dumbfounded. Napangiti naman ako habang nakatingin lang sa kanila.

"What the heck is wrong with that woman?" mahinang tanong ni Jett.

"Well maybe it's that time of the month?" sagot naman ni Cliff.

"You guys are really stupid."

Napailing na lang ako habang naglalakad pabalik sa working area namin. I sat next to Naia and smiled. With her tensed shoulder and shaking hands, it was quite obvious that she was grateful that Jett was alright.

"What a tsundere," sabi ko kaya napatingin siya sa akin.

"Tsundere? What's that?"

"A perfect description for you," I said and I gave her a wink.

Pagkatapos no'n ay bumalik kami sa pinag-uusapan namin kanina at ngayon ay kasama na namin si Jett. He could already walk with his right leg but his right arm was not yet healed.