Chapter 10 : Infiltration

"Make sure nobody can see through your disguises," Naia reminded after she finished discussing her plan. "The base of drittes is a bit complicated so don't act rashly, especially you, Nel."

"Roger," I replied. Naia's a perfectionist so she wants everything to be in order and successfully done. I guess all Keepers share that kind of personality.

Pinanood nina Nigel at Naia ang visuals na lumalabas doon sa headgear habang kaming tatlo naman ay nagpe-prepare ng mga gamit namin. It's been a while since our last infiltration and I kind of miss that thrill, especially now that we're dealing with a mysterious and powerful organization. Going inside wpuld definitely not be an easy job.

"How long do I have to wait this time?" tanong ni Jett.

"I couldn't estimate the exact time but at most two to three weeks," Cliff replied.

Jett wouldn't be coming with us "inside" but he would be the watchman and outside attacker, in case anything bad happened. Cliff and I prepared our disguise. We copied the identities of the two viertes who attacked earlier and took their belongings.

Dahil mukhang matagal pa bago nila ma-retrieve sa utak ng Blacks ang information na kailangan namin ay lumabas muna ako sa lugar na 'yon. I surveyed the surroundings and this place really looked like a ghost town. There are no lights besides the moonlight, no people in the vicinity, and the only sound that you could hear was the whistling of the wind that sounded like a vicious howl. For a wanted Custos agent, this was really the best place to stay.

"I really want to solve this case but I can't leave this place."

Bigla kong naalala ang huling pag-uusap namin ni Dad bago ako pumunta sa Pilipinas. I know how much he wanted to solve this case by himself but as the Director of the CIA and the Commander of the Custos tribe, he couldn't just leave his position because of his personal desires.

"Are you sure about this?" Narinig ko ang boses ni Cliff sa likuran pero hindi ako lumingon.

"I have no choice."

"But it seems like you're rushing everything," he said and for a second, he reminded me of Ulysses, one of our instructors during the Academy days.

I didn't answer. Among the agents, he, Jett and Naia were the only ones who could read my expressions even without hearing my patheia. They know me too well and I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

"Of course I am," sabi ko at lumingon ako sa kanya. "A chance like this may not come again in the future so I have to do this right now. I want to know what happened to my mother back then, and the only way to do that is going inside that organization."

But in reality, I was scared. Not only because I had to fight against a powerful organization, but also finding the truth about my mother's and other Erityians' death.

"So, what's your bet?" tanong niya at pagtingin ko ay nakangiti na siya. Trying to lighten up the mood, huh?

"You. Three days," I said while pointing at him.

"Call. One week." Nagulat naman ako sa bet niya. One week?! That's too long!

"What?! Are you serious?"

"Losing your confidence?" he smirked. Damn this guy.

"Hell, no. I'm sure you'll lose."

"We'll see," sabi niya at tumalikod na siya.

Napabuntong-hininga naman ako pagkatapos no'n. Whenever we have missions like this, we would always bet who would be the first one to blow his or her cover. Jett couldn't participate every time but at the moment, Cliff had the highest number of times getting caught. Guess it would be him again.