Chapter 35 : Overture

---

---

"Here's the complete list of the artifacts," Four said while giving me a folder.

After the disappearance of the three drittes from their base, he was assigned to be the leader temporarily. Their morale seemed to be a little low because of the absence of their superiors but I could also see the competitive gleam in their eyes. The auction would surely be a gateway for these viertes and quintes  into getting in the next circle—to be a dritte.

We loaded the van with the collected artifacts and went back to our seats. Pitch drove as I took a look at the items to be auctioned and damn, we got an impressive list of pieces here. Some were considered jinxed while several were national treasures. Hindi ko alam kung paano nila nakuha ang mga 'to pero siguradong maraming magkaka-interes sa mga bagay na nandito ngayon.

Pagkatapos no'n ay saglit akong tumingin kay Pitch. I was still wondering what happened that night after I disappeared and why he didn't tell them that I was there.

"Did you have a good sleep last night?" I teased and he glowered at me. Good thing he was driving or else, he might have unsheathed his sword. "What? Your fault for overestimating your skills."

"I'm going to kill you someday."

"Sure, you can."

Hindi ko alam kung ano na ang degree ng sama ng tingin niya sa akin pero pagkatapos no'n ay agad niya rin namang sinabi kung ano ang nangyari.

"He didn't say anything. Ebony got angry," he confessed.

Ebony always wears his conceited smirk but that night, Onyx wiped it off his face when he inquired about my Mom. That was the first time I saw him frightened. He was humiliated and was treated as an inferior person. No wonder he got angry after that.

Pagkatapos no'n ay hindi kami ulit nag-usap hanggang sa makarating kami sa post office kung saan may isang officer na nagbigay sa amin ng maliit na papel. Doon nakalagay ang direksyon papunta sa auction house.

After a few minutes, we arrived at a busy street dominated by skyscrapers and outrageous buildings. At the right corner, a three-storey building caught our attention. Its marble black exterior and dome-shaped roof, along with Blacks surveilling the vicinity confirmed that it was the auction house.

He parked the van right in front of the building and we showed them our black sun tattoo for verification.

"Unload the items," the head security ordered to his subordinates.

Bumaba na rin kami ni Pitch at pumasok sa loob. Halos nakanganga ako nang makalagpas kami sa entrance dahil sobrang laki ng lugar na 'to. The spacious lobby and stairways were covered with red carpet and the hallways were lined with high-quality paintings and sculptures. Crystal chandeliers ornamented the ceiling like frozen stalactites. The place gave a five-star hotel impression.