Chapter 5 : Target

"Game over, Reds."

Tiningnan namin ang isa't isa pagkaalis ni Olive at hindi kami makapaniwala sa sinabi niya. I actually thought I just misheard him but Jett's and Cliff's expressions confirmed that I didn't.

'He knows . . .' my voice trailed off.

'Blacks . . . is this their way of saying that they shouldn't be mess with?' dagdag naman ni Cliff.

According to Naia, Nox members use the term Red to describe us, just like how the underground community uses Black to label them. They know that people like us, Erityians, exist.

'What are we going to do?' Jett asked and I had to compose myself.

'First, we should check Fatima's room to see if there are clues about her identity. Second, we need to follow that guy. Cliff, you're going with me. I need your animus. Jett, you're the only one who can track him from afar. I'll leave him to you.'

'Roger,' they simultaneously answered.

Iniwan namin ang mga kasamahan ni Fatima na mga artista. Jett immediately left the scene and activated his animus, changing his eye shape and color to suit his plan of action.

'Where's Fatima's room?'

'Rm. 603,' sagot ni Cliff at naglakad kami papunta sa room namin.

I activated my animus and changed myself into a police officer, which I saw at the airport before, and Cliff put on his own disguise as a police officer, too. Luckily, we already prepared the police uniforms beforehand since they are the easiest to impersonate. After changing, we immediately went to Fatima's room and I quickly deactivated the CCTV by throwing a small blade at it.

Saktong pagdating namin doon ay may mga pulis nang nag-iinspect sa 5th and 6th floor kaya natural lang kaming pumasok ni Cliff sa Rm. 603. However, there where already two persons in the room: a girl and a guy, probably in their mid-teens. Are they the detectives?

I nudged Cliff and both of us became attentive since the probability of them being Senshins is high. We opted not to use our patheia as they might hear our thoughts and I had to close my mind really tight because of the guy's presence. I heard about a Senshin called 'Akuma' in the underground community. He had already caught several high-profile criminals even at a young age and looking at the guy here, the chance of him being 'Akuma' was quite high.

Naglibot ako sa room at ganoon din ang ginawa ni Cliff. Napunta ako sa bedroom at habang wala pang tao rito ay hinalughog ko ang mga gamit niya. As I was searching in one of her luggages, I found a small box but it was locked. In addition, beneath her clothes, there was a hidden compartment in the luggage and an envelope came into view. I was about to open it but I heard footsteps approaching so I hid both the box and envelope inside my clothes.

The girl entered the bedroom and we stared at each other. I felt an immense pressure coming from her but her expression remained stern, or should I say, she was trying to. I could tell that she was quite shaken but her presence screamed danger, as if something inside her was waiting to be awakened.

"I've already searched her belongings and found her wallet," I said while pointing at the wallet on the bed, as well as several news clippings that I found in an envelope inside one of her drawers. Binigay ko 'yon sa kanya dahil tingin ko ay wala 'yong konesyon sa Nox.

"T-thank you."

Pagkatapos no'n ay nilagpasan ko siya at lumabas na sa kwarto. I gestured a go sigal to Cliff when I saw him and both of us left the room. We didn't talk nor use our patheia as a precaution until we reached my room.