Chapter 21 : To the Latens Forest

We managed to get back in the base thanks to Naia. She tracked us after Jett's car disappeared from her radar and brought us back here.

"Are you okay?" Cliff asked while tending my wounds. My shoulder was dislocated and pieces of glass fragments were embedded on my right thigh. The pain had exhausted me but it was still tolerable.

"You're really a monster, aren't you?" I grimaced at him. He was covered in scratches and wounds yet he looked unaffected.

The three of us were all injured but Jett had it worst since, according to Cliff, the bomb was nearest to him. His left arm was burnt and several of his bones were broken to the point that he couldn't move his right limbs anymore.

"Aarif will be here in a while so just hold on for a while," Naia said after removing the shards from his right arm.

Jett drifted to sleep while the three of us looked at him with worry. Bakit ngayon pa nangyari 'to kung kailan malapit na ang labanan sa pagitan ng Senshins at Shinigamis at mayroon na kaming nalaman tungkol sa zeursts? Pero ang hindi ko maintindihan ay kung paano nalagyan ng bomba ang sasakyan niya. It was just park outside Area 008 and surely, someone would see if somebody had approached his car when we were still inside the dome.

Unless the perpetrator was from that place.

After a few hours, I managed to move my thigh again, thanks to the painkillers but my shoulder was still in bad form. Cliff, on the other hand, recovered fast. He was moving as if the accident a while ago didn't even occur. Jett was still sleeping and we were just waiting for Aarif, Blake's team's specialist, to arrive since he's a medical practitioner.

"Hey guys, look at this," sabi naman ni Naia kaya lumapit kami sa kanya ni Cliff.

"What's the matter?"

"I brought some of the shrapnel from the explosion and look what I've found," she said while pointing at her laptop. "According to the analysis, it has the same features and components as the bombs found in the park before."

"Wait, does that mean it was the work of Nox?" tanong ko matapos niyang sabihin 'yon.

"It might be but this information baffles me," sabay pakita niya ng data.

"How in the world . . ." Lumapit si Cliff at tinignan nang mabuti kung tama ba ang nakikita niya at halos pareho na sila ng expression ni Naia.

"Why? What does that mean?" tanong ko naman.

"Well, our Parietal department sent the results and according to them, the bomb was placed in the car weeks or even months before it exploded."

"What?"

After hearing that, what I suspected a while ago seemed impossible. Several theories formulated inside my head but I was scared to tell those to them. I do not have any evidences to support my speculations so might as well observe the situation first.

My focus shifted when I heard some static from the old radio. I adjusted the knob until I heard the clear voice from it.

"Just in: According to our insider, Governor Mechor Trohadas is missing." Nagkatinginan naman kaming tatlo nang marinig namin 'yon. "It was reported that the governor went missing last week but the provincial administration decided to keep it as a secret. However, the truth was revealed when news about the bombs planted in the Central Park reached the ears of the citizens. Luckily, the police force deactivated the bombs before it caused panic and nobody was harmed. Because of this, the police and even the citizens investigated his office and found out that he has been pocketing the funds for his proposed projects for the establishment of his own industry empire."