Chapter 36 : Trigger

---

---

High-profile people filled the auction hall: some representing their respective countries, others for their personal desire for these collections, politicians, actors, actresses, and even leaders from the underground community.

"Woman in red dress," Raven reported through our earpiece. "Turkey representative."

"A sure buyer?" Coal asked.

"Yes. The Prime Minister has already set his eyes on the Navis."

"I can also see representatives from Middle Eastern and European countries. This auction will be interesting," Ebony added.

I could hear the excitement in their voices. People's eyes reflected thrill and greed. On the other hand, I felt fear. Setting the Navis loose all over the world meant chaos. They were bound to obey any order from their master and they couldn't do anything to fight back because they already lost their past selves.

The hall was also crowded with Nox members, from viertes to zweites, while the quintes guarded the outside. I took notice of their numbers and their assignments last night to it would be easier to plan my route.

"Are all the items prepared?"

Napahinto naman ako nang marinig ko ang boses ni Onyx sa earpiece. His voice made me remember what happened that night. He was supposed to be dead, according to his profile and to Ulysses, yet he was very much alive as a Black.

"Yes," Ebony answered.

"Good. The auctioneer will start in a minute. Make sure this event will proceed smoothly."

"Of course, Lord Onyx."

Pagkatapos no'n ay hindi na siya muling nagsalita at nag-focus kami sa kani-kaniya naming assignments. I was tasked to observe the participants along with Raven and Coal, while Pitch and Ebony were entrusted with the artifacts and . . . and . . . people for auction.

I felt revolted after saying that. Trading innocent children, rare creatures, mutilated beings, slaves and Navis for money was too sickening. They would do anything to control everything even if that meant creating wars and empowering the underground community.

Napatigil naman ang lahat nang umilaw ang stage at lumabas ang auctioneer. Nagsiupuan naman ang mga nasa hall at hawak nila ang kani-kanilang bid device. The big screen on top of the auctioneer will flash the alias and number of the bidders, arranged by the amount of their bids and after a minute, the highest bidder will be the owner of the auctioned item.

"Let's start with our first item—the 100-carat taaffeite!" he announced as he revealed a gemstone mineral. "This gem is one of the rarest mineral in the world. And this one, belonged to the late María Capovilla, who lived for almost 117 years. Strangely, when she was in possession of this stone, she was healthy until it was robbed from her. That's why people believe that lengthens your lifespan, the modern elixir of life."