Chapter 2 : Animus

After twenty minutes of driving, which could be shortened to ten or even five minutes if I was the one driving, we finally reached the airport. When we got out of the car with our luggage, Jett pressed emarce on the control and his Porche 911 shrunk into a keychain-size car. This is one of the reasons why I'm proud of our technology unit. They developed a method that could reduce the size of and spaces between atoms which is deemed impossible by the humdrums, though, it is only applicable for non-living things, as of now. I think that research started 50 years ago or even more than that.

"Now that I think about it, we should have brought our own car," Cliff said and that was what I thought, too.

"I know you two would say that. Here."

All of a sudden, Jett tossed something to us and before I caught it, I already knew that it was my Lamborgini Aventador Roadster and looking at Cliff's grin, I was sure he was holding his matte black Audi R8. Yes, we have our own cars but we rarely use them because of the nature of our missions.

"Let's go. Matti will be mad if we're late," sabi ni Cliff kaya naman dumiretso na kami sa loob ng airport. Pumunta kami sa leftmost side dahil nandoon ang plane namin. Yes. The CIA has its own plane inside the airport.

Bumungad agad si Matti sa amin at buti na lang at meron pang natitirang two minutes before our call time kaya hindi pa nakakunot ang noo niya.

"I'm surprised. You're very early today," sabi niya habang nakangiti nang nakakaloko.

"For a change," sagot naman ni Cliff.

"Anyway, I spotted some intels from that CIA. Be careful."

Naging alert naman kami agad nang sinabi niya 'yon at pumasok na kami sa plane. Well, the CIA he was talking about is the known CIA-Central Intelligence Agency, the intelligence service of the US and our agents say that they might know our existence-the Erityian's existence. But before that agency was formed, our own CIA, the Custos Intelligence Association, was already established, but of course, in secret.

"Are you ready?" tanong ni Matti habang papasok siya sa cockpit at nag-okay sign kami sa kanya. He's actually our pilot and he's one of the best when it comes to aerial battles. He even evaded one of the most notorious mafia group in Italy because of his skills.

Pumwesto naman ako sa tabi ng bintana at inopen ko kaagad ang laptop na dala ko. Nilabas ko rin ang folder na binigay ni Dad kahapon at binuksan ko ang database ng CIA para tignan ang updated profile niya.

Nigel Grand

Male

49 years old

Class A (demoted from Class S)

Went missing in the Philippines 12 years ago during the Nox Organization case

Nox Organization, huh?

"Isn't that the most elusive org in the world?" biglang singit ni Cliff at umupo siya sa tabi ko.

"Even their members are shrouded in mystery," dagdag naman ni Jett na nasa likuran namin.

"So, what's the case?"

Pagkatanong no'n ni Cliff ay kinuwento ko sa kanila ang sinabi sa akin ni Dad kagabi. Tahimik naman silang nakinig at naging interested din sila kay Nigel Grand dahil isa siya sa top agents noong mga bata pa kami.

"He went missing for twelve years and we just got his whereabouts because of this photo," sabi ni Cliff habang hawak ang picture na binigay ni Dad. "He's got mad skills if he managed to hide for a long time."