Chapter 33 : Darkness Comes

"Are you okay now?" I asked while tending her injured arm.

"I feel sick but better than I expected," Raven replied.

Nandito kami ngayon sa hideout niya. Well, not exactly the hideout you'd expect since we were in her mansion. Her husband's mansion, to be exact.

I had to close my mind even though she couldn't read it. Pakiramdam ko kasi, nababasa niya ako. Hindi ko alam kung bakit niya ako tinulungan. She was known to operate by herself, just like any other zweites, yet she managed to track and help me.

"Is your husband here?" tanong ko dahil parang wala pa akong nakikitang kahit na sino rito.

"He's out of the country," she replied.

"I see."

Nabalot naman kami ng katahimikan at pagkatapos kong lagyan ng benda ang sugat niya sa braso ay lumayo ako sa kanya. Her gaze was following me and it felt like she was studying every bit of my movement.

"Why did you save me?" I asked and she gave me a subtle smile, as if she was already expecting that question.

"What do you think?"

"I don't know. That's why I asked."

"I generally don't like people, especially guys, but you seem to be the only one I can bear to be with."

"Liar," I blurted out and she flashed an amused smile.

Hindi ako ganoon kagaling tumingin kung nagsisinungaling ba ang isang tao but my instinct was telling me that she was. Among the zweites I had seen and talked to, she and Ebony were the most complicated.

Pinatuloy naman niya ako sa guest room at agad ko 'yong ni-lock. I left Nigel an encrypted message about what had happened since he might not be able to see me there tonight.

Humiga ako sa kama at naalala ko ang mga nangyari kanina. I was wondering why those three went there. Was it their idea? Was it an order? We were already briefed about what happened to Nigel's hideout so any agents weren't allowed to go there.

Were they still tracking me?

Oh, God. Just like what Ulysses said, they might really become a hindrance to our mission. Should we let them act this way? Would they tell them the truth? Hindi ko alam kung ano ang plano ni Dad pero sigurado akong nakarating na ito sa kanya.

Naramdaman ko naman angpag-vibrate ng comm device at pagtingin ko ay may message galing kay Ulysses.

Looks like they did that on their own. They were already reported and according to the Executives, they won't be handed any missions for the time being.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips and even though I felt sorry for them, that would be the best solution to our problem. I couldn't believe that Naia would be that reckless. Hindi ko tuloy alam kung mata-touch ako o mafu-frustrate.

I laid on the bed for a few minutes before I decided to search this room. However, I didn't find anything related to the Nox. Nevertheless, I still put a listening device to monitor this place for a while.

Lumabas ako ng kwarto at pinuntahan ko si Raven. She was looking out the window, her gazed fixed on the moon. I quietly approached her but she glanced at my direction before I could even take a step closer.

"We will be busy for the next few days," she said as she returned her gaze outside. "The auction will be Nox's greatest achievement."

"Right," I replied. "Several countries will surely be interested with the Navis."