Chapter 14 : Cornered

Sa sobrang gulat ko ay napatapak ako sa pedals at binilisan ko ang takbo ng sasakyan. Spider was weird but seeing him up close, with his upside-down head, was the scariest thing I've ever faced.

'Keep the speed up,' Cliff said and I nodded, but Spider banged the windscreen, shattering the glass into fragments. I swerved the wheel to throw him out of balance but he held on. Cliff suddenly leaned to punch the window, breaking it completely, and hopped forward to kick Spider on the face.

'Nel,' tawag niya kaya mabilis akong napatingin sa kanya. 'Now's the time to show your skills.'

A grin formed on my face. 'Make sure you won't fall.'

I stepped on the gas, while Spider and Cliff were both literally in front of me, blocking the view. Without caring about them, I drifted to the left and both of them were almost thrown away.

"Fucking Reds! I knew it!" he shouted while hanging on the side mirror.

"Good thing, you're the one who noticed us," Cliff teased and Spider took the bait

"Good thing, you're the one who noticed us," Cliff teased and Spider took the bait. He lunged at Cliff who was standing at the edge of the hood. Spider tackled him and they both collapsed but Cliff was faster to get up. He pushed Spider inside and he crashed on the passenger seat. Cliff immediately punched him in the face, not giving him a chance to counterattack, then he pulled his gun from the holster and shot Spider in the shoulder. After a few seconds, he passed out.

"Man, thank goodness Jett left his tranquilizer gun," Cliff huffed as he leaned on the frame, but I immediately yelled when I saw what was in front.

"Duck!" I stepped on the pedal while Cliff crouched, and the car began to spin rapidly. I heard Cliff shouting my name but I focused on maneuvering the vehicle. Turning the steering wheel a couple of times, I finally managed to stop it. Smoke began to rise from the wheels because of friction and Cliff glared at me when he got down from the hood.

"Don't drive again," sabi niya sa akin habang humihinga nang malalim at kumunot naman ang noo ko.

"Why?! Didn't you see those difficult turns and stops?"

"I've seen enough. I even saw Hell from here."

Inirapan ko na lang siya at matapos no'n ay tinanggal namin ang disguise namin. Napatingin naman kami kay Spider na ngayon ay walang malay na nakaupo sa tabi ko. It seemed like he didn't notify any Blacks regarding our identities and acted on his own. Luckily, he was an idiot.

"So . . . this might not be in our plan but this is for the better," sabi ni Cliff habang nakatingin kay Spider. "We're going to transport him to Nigel."

"Yeah, I think that's the only thing we can do right now. We can't leave him here while knowing our identities."

Cliff rummaged through his pocket and I saw his minimized car. He pressed auge and the car grew in its original size.