Chapter 15

I stared at him in disbelief. 

Did he really just say he loves me? 

The look on his face quickly matched mine, as he realized what he'd said. 

"You- You love me?" I asked quietly, eyes wide. 

He turned away, returning to the chair behind his desk. He put his head in his hands and sighed. "How could I not? You're beautiful, kind, gentle. You're everything I've ever dreamed of having, but the more I love you, the more its going to hurt when he takes you from me." 

I drug my chair as close to his as I could get it, sat, and put my hands over his, pulling them from his face. "He's not going to take me away. No one is. I won't leave you." I promised him and as a tear rolled down my cheek. "Because I love you too." 

His eyes snapped away from the floor, looking into mine. "How?" 

"How what?" I asked. 

"How can you love someone who's only ever pushed you away, and been cold to you?" He wasn't hiding his emotions from me anymore, I could see all the pain and sadness in his eyes that he'd fought to never show. 

I smiled. "Because I know you've been hurt. Even though you've been cold, I can see you're fighting something. I see the way you treat your pack, you get frustrated with them, yes, but you love them. You take care of them. You're a good, strong leader. You haven't let your past change you into someone you're not. You're  strong, and caring, and you'll fight for the people around you until the end." 

He pulled me out of my seat wrapping his arms around me. "Thank you." He spoke quietly into my hair. 

He pulled away and looked at me. "I still want you to train with the warriors. I'm not changing my mind on this. " He told me. 

I looked at the floor thinking everything over in my head. How was I going to go train with a bunch wolves who we're probably going to look down on me and judge me without having a panic attack? The fear was filling my body, but I forced a small smile and looked back at Luca. 

"I'll try." I told him.

He smiled, something I was beginning to adore seeing. 

-------

Another short chapter, but the last one was a cliffhanger, so I thought I'd end this one here. :) Getting started on another right now. :)