Chapter 25

Blinking a couple of times, I let my eyes adjust to the dark room. The moonlight shining through the window illuminated the room, allowing me to realize it was mine. Suddenly I was aware of the arms wrapped around me, but I wasn't afraid. I instantly knew it was him.

His scent was so much stronger than it had ever been, and calmed me as I breathed it in. I carefully turned myself around to face him. I looked over his face. His dark hair was messy, and spilled over his eyes. I noticed things I'd never seen, like how he had a few barely noticeable freckles dotting his face, and how his eyelashes were as dark as midnight, and probably just as long as mine. His lips were barely parted, and he looked so peaceful, but I couldn't help myself as I leaned in, and kissed him softly.

His eyes opened slowly, and he smiled sleepily at me.

"Finally awake?" He mumbled. "You slept all day, I've missed you." He whispered, snuggling closer.

"Why have I been asleep so long?" I asked him, confused.

"The mark. When I marked you, you became Luna. Becoming Luna means creating new links with the minds of every member in the pack. That means over a thousand voices in your head, voices that I'm sure got very loud when they felt your presence and realized I'd marked you." He chuckled. "You'll be formally introduced as Luna tomorrow. You're probably going to be pretty exhausted for a while. I'm not sure you've noticed yet, but your senses will be heightened. You'll also be stronger and faster, and your wolf will probably grow a little. Lunas have to be able to protect themselves and their pack, so when you become Luna, you get a few advantages normal wolves don't have." He told me.

"Wow, thats awesome." I said. Looking at him again, I realized he was shirtless, meaning all of his scars were visible.

I looked at him sadly, carefully tracing a deep one on the side of his neck, that went halfway down his chest. They were hard to look at, knowing they must have been incredibly painful to get.

"Will you tell me about them?" I whispered, my eyes meeting his. "I want to know you. Past and all."

He sighed, taking my hand from the scar, and holding it tightly in his.

"That one was from the day he killed my mom. I tried to fight him, so he shifted half way, pinned me against a tree, and slowly drug his claw all the way down." He said, using his hand to show me what had happened. "He put me in one of the cells we keep rogues in, and I'd lost so much blood I couldn't even try to get out." He said, shutting his eyes tightly. I could tell the memories were playing out in his head, and I gave his hand a squeeze.

He then went on to point at various scars, explaining me how his father had put them there, and why, but for most of them, there was no 'why', they had been put there just for the fun of causing him pain. The longer he talked the more I realized what a monster Calvin truly was, and how lucky Luca was to survive growing up in his presence. He'd been starved, beaten, tortured, and locked up for months on end, and by his own father.

He told me about how Nick would sneak him food, or stitch up his cuts whenever Calvin wasn't around. If it weren't for Nick, Luca probably would have died. Listening to his stories was one of the most heartbreaking things I'd ever done. I couldn't help but feel shocked that even after living that way for so long, he still had a heart capable of love and compassion.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you." I told him sincerely. It didn't feel like much, but I didn't know what else to say.

"Its over though, its in the past. My life is good now, I have you." He reassured me as he held me close. I closed my eyes, breathing in his scent again, and let myself drift off to sleep.