Me and my decisions

"Did he tell you anything, Gibbs?" I asked on the journey back to his house.
"No, not yet." Gibbs replied.
The rest of the journey was in silence.

"You hungry?" Gibbs asked, when we entered his house.
"No, I think I will just call it a day, it's been hectic." I replied. He nodded and headed straight for the basement. I waited to hear the sound of sand paper before I went upstairs to the spare room I now occupied. I sat on the bed, listening to the silence, savouring it. What I was about to do - it didn't make sense, it was stupid - but it was necessary. I was about to let myself get kidnapped - again.

I packed a small backpack. A set of clothes, a knife and some energy bars. Leaving my bag upstairs, I headed to Gibbs' kitchen for a bottle of water. I opened the fridge, got what I needed and turned around to see Gibbs standing in the archway.
"You OK?" He asked me.
"Yes Gibbs, why do you ask?" I replied, doing my best to be nonchalant. He didn't reply, just shrugged, nodded and turned back down to the basement.
"Gibbs, I haven't had the chance to thank you properly - for all you've done for me." I blurred out quickly.
"No problem, don't do anything stupid." He stated before retreating to the basement. I wondered if he knew, but if he wasn't trying to stop me, maybe he didn't care. I took myself back to the spare room and packed the water in with my stuff. It was time.

OK guys, I know this one is REALLY short, I'm sorry, I just feel like a cliffhanger here is perfect. I'll crack on with the next chapter ASAP I promise. Peace out. <3