Sacrifice

Okay guys, I am so sorry for the long wait. I just had Semester 1 exams so its been pretty manic up to this point! I've got a full plot for the rest of the story, so it will be wrapping up in a few chapters. As always, keep voting and reading and thank you so much :) Peace out.

Tony and Ziva arrived a few hours after Tim and I did at NCIS. While we waited for them to arrive, Gibbs had me and Tim scouring anything we could to find evidence of my mother's betrayal, but we could not. Gibbs was getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

"We need evidence. Look harder McGee!" Gibbs ordered, before storming out of the bullpen. As he left, Abby came rushing in.

"Blue, you need to come with me." She stated, grabbing my hand and leading me to the elevator.

"Abbs calm down! What's wrong?!" I desperately asked as her trip got tighter around my hand.

"I don't think your mother wants to have you killed." She stated before turning back around and marching into the elevator with me in tow.

"Wait, what?" I asked in shock.

"She met Tony and Ziva at the airport. She wanted to be found, who wants to be found when they're a suspect of a murder and kidnapping investigation?" Abby replied, bouncing up and down.

"Uh, Abbs, I don't think you should be getting as excited as you are doing." I stated, trying to stop the bouncing, at least while we were in the elevator.

"But I do, because it means your family isn't trying to kill you - or have you killed at least. You could go home and be with your mother. Isn't that great?" Abby asked in excitement. I stared at her for what seemed like a little too long. Did I even want to go home? Or back to England? Hadn't I found a family here, or did they want rid of me as fast as possible? "Blue?" Abby asked.

"Oh, uh yeah Abbs, that's great. Just peachy." I replied as the elevator doors opened. "I'll go tell Gibbs, at least we have some news."

"This is a good thing, Blue." Abby replied, giving me a quick hug and exiting the elevator to her lab. The doors closed and I leaned back against the elevator wall. Was it a good thing my mother was coming here, to NCIS. I could barely remember who I was, what if I couldn't remember what I'd done wrong? 

Doubting my every thought as the elevator doors opened, I stepped out to see Gibbs and McGee huddled around McGee's computer screen.

"Gibbs, I have some information from Abby." I stated with a small smile.

"Shoot." Gibbs replied without looking up from the screen.

"She thinks my mother doesn't want me dead, so we have to start looking for another new suspect." I stated. "So, good and bad news all in one really."

"Ahuh." Gibbs replied.

"That's it? That's all you have to say to the fact that we have no leads and no suspects?" I replied, feeling slightly irate. 

"We do have another suspect." Gibbs replied.

"Who?" I asked.

"David Ricktan." McGee replied before Gibbs could.

"Who?" I asked, a look of confusion plastered across my face to which both McGee and Gibbs smirked at.

"Didn't think you'd remember him." Gibbs replied, by the looks of things he took a lot of effort and money to cover up the fact that he used to be your boss at MI6."

"Yeah, my memory is a little shady since before, well about a month ago." I replied, "sorry about that." I felt a slap on the back of my head for that one. "Sorry Gibbs."