I hate hospitals

"She's stable. Thank God." I heard a woman state. They must have been talking about me. I heard a lot of movement and machines beeping before I slowly opened my eyes. I was laid in a hospital bed with an oxygen mask over my mouth and nose. I struggled to keep my eyes open, it felt like I hadn't slept enough and was being forced up. The more I tried to stay awake the easier it was, my breathing felt like it was returning to normal. There was a pain in my right shoulder area, it was nearly unbearable. I tried to speak, but my words were muffled by the oxygen mask. I reached up and pulled it down.
"What... happened?" I croaked out with a grimace. The doctor looked down at me.
"You need to rest. You were shot, we've stopped the bleeding, you're very weak at the moment." He smiled and put the oxygen mask back over my mouth. I looked to my right, trying to ignore the pain it caused, to see Ziva stood outside my room. She was on the phone, talking rapidly and glancing in my direction every few seconds. I guessed she must be on the phone to Gibbs. I attempted to lift my arm to let her know I was alive but cried out in agony at the pain that seared through my shoulder.
"Sweetie, don't move, OK?" A nurse said to me. I nodded lightly, angry that I was in this state. Ziva must have heard my cry, she turned to face my window and I smiled, hoping she'd notice.

The bustle calmed down as the doctors were happy I was in a stable condition and they let Ziva into my room.
"Blue. How're you feeling?" She asked, grimacing at my wound.
"Like Hell... but I guess I brought... it on myself." I muttered after removing my oxygen mask. "Is Gibbs... angry with me?" I asked.
"Unfortunately yes, he is very mad, but his only concern is your wellbeing and health. Although..." She trailed off.
"What?" I asked. "Although what?"
"He knew you'd go. We'd been trailing the silver van for the day, and he had suspected your departure at some point after your return to his house. He had rung Tony to be on the look out for you." I laid in silent disbelief, Gibbs really could read minds. Or was I giving him too much credit, was it just painfully obvious what I'd do?
"Ziva... I need to speak to him. I need to... I need..." I started, my breathing felt shallow, I couldn't finish and my eyes felt like lead. My view turned fuzzy.
"Blue? Ellie, stay awake. Doctor! What's happening?" I heard Ziva call, her voice fading away as I allowed myself to fall into the darkness. I embraced it, my last conscious thought being what I'd say to Gibbs.

"Gibbs, she is going to be OK. Calm down!..... Yes, yes I know....... OK, when she wakes I will tell her.... OK, bye." I heard Ziva on the phone with Gibbs. I kept my eyes closed, trying to listen to what he was saying, but he just sounded like an angry grizzly bear - as usual.

"Ziva." I croaked out. My throat felt really dry. "I need water."
"Blue, feeling better?" Ziva asked whilst pouring water out into a cup with a straw. I nodded gratefully as she put the straw to my lips, my eyes closed in pleasure and the water tastes like amber nectar.
"Gibbs has told me to tell you that you're going to need all your strength." Ziva said, not looking at me as she seemed to find something interesting to look at on the opposite wall.
"Why?" I asked her, studying her expression.
"I cannot tell you yet, Blue." She replied, her eyes searching mine for forgiveness. I nodded, unable. To speak much, it felt as if I hadn't used my voice in a very long time.
"How long?" I asked, hoping Ziva would understand my question.
"You've been out for two days, you've had everyone worried." She replied.
"Did you get them?" I asked yet another vague question but Ziva understood.
"Yes, the remaining man and woman are in our custody." She stated.
"Who?" I asked.
"Not now Blue, you need your rest." Ziva avoided my last question and patted my forehead before exiting the room. I allowed my eyes to close, she was right, I needed my rest.

Hey guys, so I know it took me too long to put this up, but I had some serious writers block. Hopefully the next chapter will be up sooner as I now have a few ideas to play around with. That being said, if anyone has any ideas please share!!! I apologise for this bad chapter - I'll make it up I promise. Peace out <3