Chapter 3

"Sometimes, the heart sees what's invisible to the eye."

--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Janine's POV

Wtf?!!!

"Hey! Give it to me!" running to him.

"No"

"Give it!" I can already feel the heat creeping on my cheeks

"Ginger, may I have these as souvenirs?"

"No way! Why would you?"

"Because as what you said, you will never ever agree to the arrangement. But if you agree, I won't ask for souvenirs because I'll have them everytime" he said with a wink. I want to puke at his face!

"Give it! So I can already go!" I said and I went nearer to him.

"No way-" and he's phone started ringing.

"Hold on, babe" and he answered his call but he's still holding my underwears up high. I was trying to jump and get it but it's too high. Is 5'7 short?

"Yes? What? Damn. I totally forgot about it. Yeah yeah. I'm going. Okay. See you" and he ended it. As inquisitive as I can be, I asked him who is it and all he replied is 'jealous?' then he gave me my underwears back and he went inside the walk in closet. I spaced out for a while then when I gained my attention back, I quickly left his place and went home.

~~~

What a tiring day! Today's my day off so no work. It's too early to go club hopping or whatsoever. I don't have stuff to kill time. I stared at my phone and I immediately remembered Papa's words. If I agree, I would have my getaway but I'll be stuck with that hot bastard. But if I won't agree, I will remain free and I will still endure years saving for my dear trip. If I'm not Janine, I would prefer the first option. I would have a hot husband and I'd get a chance to have my trip. But I'll be stuck with a bastard playboy.

But you could be divorced with him. A voice told me.

That's right! Yes I could! But I'm really not ready. I still want to have some adventures. I promised myself not to get married unless I roamed the whole world. The only places I haven't been to were Greece, Rome, Philippines and of course Italy. I've been traveling eversince I got to puberty stage and since Papa is a businessman, I got to travel with him during business meetings in another place. When I became 18, I realized that I need to be independent so when I graduated, I took several jobs including being a waitress then barrista. I once took a job overseas in India as a newspaper writer but I became homesick so I decided to fly back home. Enough of myself.

I decided to weigh things for a while and after a few minutes, I dug my phone in my purse and dialed Papa. After a lot of miscalls, I tried my final attempt in calling him and unfortunately, he answered. My decision is final but I'm having doubts about it and I'm not very sure. Maybe 86% sure. But still, I need to do this and decide. Yes it shall be final.

Mr. Conson's POV

The ringing of my phone is starting to get in my nerves. I was supposed to put it in a silent mode because I'm sure it's just nonsense but when I saw the caller ID, I answered it.

"Cameron"

"Finally! Dear cousin, it took years for you to answer the phone! Guess you're very old already huh?" He said with a chuckle.