Chapter 21

"The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space."

 ― Marilyn Monroe  

Janine's POV

I placed my weight on the couch and groaned. My feet hurts due to the walk I took during the afternoon. I don't know what to do right now. I don't want to sleep. I don't want to watch a movie either. I texted Adam earlier that I can't come with him tonight. Who knows? Maybe I'll be meeting with that girl.

I walked to my bedroom and lied there for about a minute, contemplating what to do. Groaning mentally, I stood up to change for my pajamas. I was on my to the walk in closet when something caught my eye.

I looked at my study table near the window and saw a paper and a pen. Suddenly, a light bulb popped above my head. I quickly ran to my closet and changed into something comfortable which is my pajamas. After such, I went to my study table and picked up the pen. I'm going to write a poem. As they say, writing makes you a healthy person in such a way that it can help you know more about your thoughts, feelings and most importantly, to know more about yourself.

I imagined myself being the teenager who has a huge attraction to someone on the first day of school.

You were sitting on the blue cabinet,
And I know you're a new student,
For your face is new,
And so out of the blue

I caught a glimpse of you,
To my surprise, you did look back at me, too,
I was amazed of your eyes,
For they held a secret in disguise

I'm not really eloquent and poetic enough to achieve my self expectations of writing a poem but I am proud of myself for expressively pouring my feelings out instead of keeping them to myself.

I giggled like a teenager and continued my writing.

Everyday, I caught a glimpse of you,
My thoughts are 'bout you
I may not have a clue,
But baby, I know my feelings are true

One day, your friend approached me,
Saying someone admires me,
But I didn't believe
For my beauty doesn't exist

I laughed at the last lineq. This is getting out of hand but I love the way how things play. Oh! They rhymed!! I knew there's a poet within me, needing to be developed and cherished.

ADM were your initials,
Now, I caught myself writing them,
The attractions are hard to stop,
But baby, hear me out