Chapter 9

"A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him."

--Brendan Francis

Adam's POV

I keep stealing glances of Janine. She's look so stunning in her outfit. Her hair was in a simple wavy ponytail with tendrils falling on the side of her face that gave her a sophisticated look. I cleared my throat and spoke
"Are you nervous?"

"No... Uhhhhmmm...Maybe a little"

"Why would you be nervous?"

"I don't know. Anyway, tell me about his appearance"

"Good-looking man."

"Only that?" Then she threw her hands exasperatingly

"You'll find out soon" I said to end the uncomfortable topic.

"What if he-"

"He's good okay? Stop stressing yourself out. It's not helping. Just play cool and act well" I said

"Yeah. Sure. Play cool and act well" she whispered to herself. Then the drive was silent. When I saw the lights, I immediately knew it's the place.

"We're here" and I saw a valet approaching. I went out to open her door and when she stepped out, I noticed the slit on her dress. It exposed her smooth long legs. I could feel the pressure again between my thighs again.

"Shall we?" Then I handed my hand to her in which she accepted with a smile.

"We shall" and she flashed me a smile.

When we entered, a guy welcomed us.

"Table for two sir?" He asks

"Actually, I have my reservation here yesterday. Valloso." My tone is clipped. I wasn't really imagining this day would come. That I will be introducing someone to my friend. The guy immediately checked his notebook.

"Right. This way sir" and he guided us through a series of paths. The Gardenia is a nice place. It is located somewhere peaceful and calm. The ambiance is very serene. It's not the usual fancy restaurants in town. This one is different. It has no walls and roofs but it has booths or let's say cubicles that served as tables. The cubicle is in a round form like a smaal gazebo where vines creep on it in a creative and beautiful manner and tinted walls so you can see your environment outside. We went inside our reserved area where Blythe is waiting.

Janine's POV

This place is so romantic! I've never been here before. Perhaps it's new. When the guy who guided as opened the door for us, I saw a strikingly handsome man. I squeezed Adam's arm and he squeezed my hand back. When we were settled in, Adam introduced me to his friend.

"Janine, this is my friend, Blythe. Blythe, this is Janine" he introduced. Blythe offered his hand to me and I accepted it.

"I think I got to go now. I'll leave you two." Adam said.

"Adam? You'll leave us?" I ask. Why would he leave me with a stranger. Please don't go. Please.

"It's better to go than to be a 3rd wheel" he said those words bitterly. "And besides, I have things to do. Enjoy the night" and he patted Blythe's back and he lowered his head to touch his cheek on mine.