Chapter 27

“And, in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make.”
― Paul McCartney, The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics

I think it's probably midnight and instead of sleeping peacefully like this man in front of me, here I am staring at his too-good-to-be-true looks.

She would be lucky and at the same time not if this man worships the ground she walks.

I smiled at my thought.

What if it's you?

My smile vanished real quick when a bitch in my head chose to wake up.

I broke myself from my thoughts and continued to stare at the man in front of me, sleeping soundly like an angel.

With his loose grip on my waist, I decided to go downstairs but when I tried to move, his grip tightened a bit and somehow, he managed to pull me closer.

Is this man even asleep?

I groaned mentally and I felt him move.

I turned my back in order to face him and caressed his cheeks and jaw while saying,  "Are you asleep?"

I guess so.

I looked at him for a moment not leaving my hand on his cheek. Slow and peaceful breaths are what he take and I bet he is truly sleeping.

"Why? Adam, what did you do to me?" I was supposed to despise and hate you with all my might but here I am doing the exact opposite of my agenda.

Suddenly a train of thoughts went through my mind and I am starting to overthink things again.

"Adam, I'm scared. Really scared. And this time it's not because of ghosts," I murmured as I looked down.

"You're not scared of me, are you?"

"Are you not asleep?" I questioned, trying my very best to look at him.

"Babe, why are you scared?"

This time he is fully awake.

"Hey, answer me" his voice is soothing and calm.

I shut my eyes closed and I felt his hands on my chin.

"Talk to me, love"

I pulled the sheets to cover my bare breast as I sat. He immediately followed and leaned on the headboard.

"Adam, I didn't mean to wake you. We'll sort this thing out tomorrow okay? You should go back-"

"I'm not going back to sleep knowing you're not sleeping peacefully" he frowned

He tapped his lap and I silently obeyed him.

"Hey what are you doing?!" I gasped when he snatched the sheet off me, leaving me gloriously bare in front of him.

"What's the point of covering when I already saw every skin of yours"

"Shut up"

I straddled him while he crossed his legs, squatting on the mattress. Suddenly, I felt a piece of cloth separating us.