Chapter 4

"The worst feeling is pretending you don't care about someone, when really it's that person all you seem to think about."

--Quote from Pinterest

Adamson's POV

I wasn't watching the movie anymore. I just keep on savoring the moment of Janine with me. I won't deny it anymore. The first time I saw her, I keep on denying and resisting the undescribable feelings I have at that time but now, I already accepted my defeat against my ownself. I couldn't deny anymore that I am attracted with this woman. I want her badly. I want her. Naked on my bed. That's why I became very secretly protective of her including to my own brother.

I finished the movie and when the credits rolled, Janine was still clinging on my arm.

"Janine?" I asked

"Hmm?"

"It's done" then she beamed

"Really? I survived!!! Yehey!" and she jumped up and down

"That's because your eyes aren't on the screen"

"But I was listening to the movie" she stuck her tongue out

"Nah, you're still scared"

"You! You nearly killed me! Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"I asked innocently

"Why did you choose to watch horror?"

"To be honest, it's been a long time since I watched horror movies. I thought you won't be scared. When I saw your reaction, my doubts were confirmed. My impromptu plan was supposed to be scaring you like I will go to the cr in order to scare you from behind. I know it's an old tactic but I couldn't help it! You're just so scared." I said while letting my laugh be heard. I received a glare from her.

"Continue"

"But then you told me to go near you and then that's when I knew, my plan crumbles"

"And?"

"And... And... What and? The end!"

"Shut up. Another movie?"

"Yeah sure" and I grabbed the movie Anabelle. She swatted my arm. Ouch!

"No! I'll be the one to choose the movie. Mr. Montero has a bad taste for movies"

"Ah really? How about women? Do I have a bad taste on that too?"

"Hmmmm... I haven't met your ex's yet. Maybe they look like gorillas"

"Trust me honey, they're better than you" I snickered

"In what way Mr. Montero?" She asked challenging me

"They're glamorous and sophisticated" I simply said

"AND I'M NOT?!" She shouted

"I didn't say anything about you" I said. I know I'm pissing her off and I like it.

"Excuse me Mister! Didn't you know lots of men and boys adore me eversince I am on preschool?! Some mothers even told their sons to befriend me because I'm a good and rare catch. I'm beautiful inside and out, rich, and extremely smart" she placed a hand on her hip and raised her eyebrow.