Chapter 2

Piper's POV

Looking behind me, the Beta disappeared and the Alpha wasn't giving up.

"Piper, I love you!" He yelled and I kept running.

Alpha Nicolas was catching up to me and I knew I couldn't out run him...

"Alpha, just don't hurt me." I said through the pack's mind link to the Alpha.

"Piper, I'd never hurt you." He answered through the mind link.

My wolf was urging me to run and run away but my human knew I couldn't get away. I quickly went behind the tree and spit my clothes out. Shifting back, I threw on the damp clothes.

"Alpha, don't give me that shot!" I demanded when I came out from behind a tree.

"Piper, I won't. Just give me a chance." He answered naked.

Putting my hand to where I didn't see anything, I answered.

"I'm sorry. I told you already." I breathed out.

"Piper, I can change you. I love you with my whole heart. I'll be that exception." He babbled.

"You can try but I'll bet you we end up just friends." I bet him.

"Deal." He replied eagerly like a child.

In front of my eyes, he shifted into his dark brown wolf. Before I could move, I was plucked up into his grasp.

"Ooooowwwwwww..." I squeaked in his tight grasp.

He quickly loosened his grasp and ran back to the pack with me in his arms. I started to struggle trying to escape his grasp. Beta Dominic came running over in human form. I could tell they were speaking with the mind link and I tried butting in but Alpha Nicolas was blocking me out.

"Piper, he is going to get some clothes and be right with you." Dominic filled me in.

"O-okay." I answered and he led me to the deck I was supposed to meet him at.

Dominic helped me on the deck and sat on one of the lawn chairs laid out. Looking over at him, he was watching me, probably because he thought I was going to run again...

"You know I'm not going anywhere?" I questioned him.

He shrugged his shoulders and kept his glare on me. Rolling my eyes, I looked back into the forest.

"Piper..." Alpha Nicolas greeted me.

"Alpha..." I mocked him jokingly.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"For w-" I asked before I was cut off by having a cloth be shoved in my face.

The cloth covered my nose and mouth but I wouldn't breath in. Struggling in his grasp, Beta Dominic ran over and held my arms down and laid me down. He sat on my legs and held my arms while I refused to breath in the chemicals.

"Piper, I'm sorry. Just breath." Alpha Nicolas tried to reassure me.

Knowing I couldn't hold my breath any longer, I inhaled the chemical scent.

Jasmine's POV

Awoken by my beta, he shook me.

"I'm up." I grumbled rolling over.

"Doesn't look like it." He mumbled as he chuckled.

Today I wasn't in the mood for his "funny" attitude. You know what? I'm never in the mood to be happy or have fun in general. Ever since my parents died, I've been depressed. I only take care of myself so I can keep the pack going.

"Okay, well breakfast is ready in the kitchen." My beta mentioned.

Rolling out of bed, I saw myself in my mirror. Damn, I'm a mess. Grabbing some clothes from my closet, I picked a red flannel and some black skinny jeans. Shoving the clothes on, I went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Luna." A little boy squeaked out.

"Hi, Daniel." I replied to him which made his face light up.

Giving a slight smile, I followed the delicious smell coming from the kitchen. Once I was closer, I quickly grabbed a plate and piled the biscuits and gravy on.

"Dang, slow down." My beta, Zane, butted in.

Ignoring his remark, I kept shoveling the food in my mouth when I heard the door open.

"Luna, some rogues have trespassed." My beta mentioned which got my attention.

"And?" I asked waiting for more information.

"I have them guarded in the cell." Zane reassured me.

"Okay, I'll visit them after this." I answered.

Zane nodded and waited. Once I finished, I put my plate beside the sink.

"Ready to go, Blondie?" Zane snickered.

"Okay, I have blonde hair but do not call me Blondie!" I demanded.

"Sorry, Blondie." He muttered.

"LUNA'S ORDERS!" I yelled enraged.

"Sorry, Luna." Zane answered backing down to his position.

I nodded and we started out the door to the cell filled with a couple rogues. As I walked to the cell, I noticed a man with his mate. She was holding a child in her arms while still looking beautiful. I'm almost 99.9% sure my mate is a female and if so, I can't imagine what her beauty would be.

Finally, we reached the building holding the rogues. Entering, I went towards the cells and saw two girls looking terrified.

"These are the rogues." Zane pointed out.

"Um, hey. You both must be from a pack." I said trying to make them talk.

"No, we were in a rogue pack... and two men were abusing us. We escaped but ended up caught here." One of the girls fessed up.

Her brown hair was stuck to her face from sweat and the same with the other but with red hair.

"Are you friends?" I asked them.

"Sisters." They answered.

Looking at their appearance, I could tell they had some of the same features but they weren't obvious like a hair or eye color.

"So?" Zane butted in.

"The can be housed here... but they have to stay here." I answered Zane.

Zane nodded his head and made sure the cell was locked. While he was busy with that, I walked out of the building and back to the house. I'm going to crawl back in bed....

---------------
I'm having fun writing this and would love some feedback! Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and following.