Chapter 4

Jasmine's POV

Waking up again, I shuffled in my bed and saw my best friend sitting in my room.

"Uh, Harper?" I questioned her.

"Oh hey, you're finally up." She said turning to me.

"Could I ask why you are in my room?" I asked her confused.

"I was waiting for you." She replied smiling at me.

"For what?" I asked with a groggy voice.

"To go out... you have been so antisocial! Hey, maybe you will even find your mate!" Harper exclaimed excited now.

"I don't want tooooo........" I complained.

"It is a requirement." Harper demanded with a smile.

Damn, she is just so hyper and energetic.

"Finnneeeee." I replied not excited.

"Oh, cheer up! We are going to go to the mall." She said as she pulled me off the bed.

*thud*

"Well, that wasn't very nice..." I said as I got up from the floor.

"Let's go!" She yelled then ran out the door.

I swear she reminds me of a 5 year old...

"Ughhhhhhh..." I grumble as I grab my phone.

After grabbing my phone, I dragged feet as I walked to the door. Can I just stay indoors and sleep? How about be alone in general? I mean I like Harper and all but I hate to go out.

"Jazzy???" Harper called me by my nickname.

Sighing, I walked out the door to see Harper hug her mate goodbye. They're cute together but it kind of makes me more depressed. I haven't found my mate. Everyone around me is happy as they are spun around with their mate and pups around them. Okay, that might be an exaggeration but that's how I see it.

"Come on." Harper said snapping me out of my thoughts.

She rushed towards the door and I walked behind her as we walked out the front door.

"You okay?" She asked all of a sudden.

"Oh, um yeah." I lied.

"Mhm..." She replied not believing the lie.

Not answering her back, we got into her car. As she got into the driver's seat, I got in the passenger seat. Harper started the car and I pulled out my phone. Oh, a text...

Jasmine, the Alpha of the Blue Heart pack is having rumors spread.

The text was from another Alpha. They must want me to do something since they are a weaker pack.

What kind of rumors?

I replied to the Alpha and waited for a response.

"Who are you texting?" Harper asked as she took a right turn.

"Just another Alpha about another Alpha." I said which I could tell made her think a little.

She gave a little head nod as my phone buzzed.

Alpha Nicolas is apparently keeping a girl hostage. He is going to force her into being the Luna and having his pups.

That's interesting. I will check up on that pack to make sure it isn't happening.

Okay, thank you but make sure you do it soon because he is introducing her to the pack as Luna on Thursday.

Will do. Thank you.

I put my phone back in my pocket and turned the radio on. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Harper roll her eyes at me.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Nothing." She said as she shook her head.

I changed the station and leaned back in my seat. As the music played, I was alone with my thoughts.

Did my mate die? No, well maybe. Everyone I care about dies. The only person left in my life I care about is Harper and the pack but that's different. I have no family. All of my family members have died.

"Jazzy, we're here!" Harper exclaimed as she stopped the car in the mall parking lot.

As Harper got out of the car, I looked at the full parking lot. Dang, there are a lot of people here.

*knock knock*

Looking over, Harper was knocking on the window rushing for me to get out. Rolling my eyes at her, I got out of the car. As we walked towards the mall doors, I looked around at all the humans. To my surprise, I saw a werewolf. He was tall and fit. The man started walking over to us but I walked faster into the mall as I dragged Harper.

"Woah, why were you rushing?" She asked as we entered the mall.

"There was another werewolf. He was walking towards us." I replied to her question as I walked into the women's bathroom.

"What if he's your mate?" She suggested.

"Really?" I said giving her an expression like you can't be serious.

She shrugged her shoulders and smiled. Quickly, she pulled me out of the bathroom and into the open. Shit. Scanning the area, the man walked up to me. Ughhhh, HARPER!!!!

"Hey." The man said casually.

"Uh, hi?" I replied confused to why he is talking to me.

"You're Jasmine... right?" He questioned me.

"Why?" I asked suspiously.

"Because you are the Alpha of the Silver Moon pack... right?" He asked not answering my question.

"Tell me why you are asking." I asked again sternly.

"My name is Alex and I'm from the Blue Heart pack. I'm just surprised an Alpha from a large powerful pack didn't bring her beta." He said.

"Wait. Did you say Blue Heart?" I asked him.

"Uh, yeah." He replied confused.

"I need you to take me there once I get my beta." I quickly answered.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I need to visit with Nicolas." I said.

"Oh, okay." He replied.

I called my beta in my mind link along with some strong pack members.

"Harper!" I said grabbing her wrist as she went to walk away.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"I'm going to the Blue Heart pack so you can take the car back home." I answered her.

"Oh, alright." She said discouraged.

"It's pack stuff, sorry." I added.

"It's fine, bye." She replied.

I waved her goodbye and she left the mall. I watched her go to her car until she disappeared in the parking lot.

-------------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.