Chapter 7

Piper's POV

Turning to my side, I opened my eyes to see my mate laying down beside me. Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes and looked at her. She was gorgeous and I'm so surprised to have a Luna as my mate. When I was a little pup, I memorized all of the Alphas and Lunas. They have changed but I know she was the only pup of Dallas and Rita. The story about her only having one pup was so fascinating so I looked into their life a bit more to find out their only child was Jasmine. I guess they had her take over as the Alpha but female... so Luna. They probably suspected she would find a boy and he would be Alpha but that didn't really play out like that.

"Oh, morning." Jasmine said rolling onto her back smiling at me.

"Morning." I replied to her.

She sat up in the bed and her shoulder laid against mine.

"Did you sleep well?" Jasmine asked me grabbing my hand gently.

"Yeah, like a rock. How about you?" I replied.

"Amazing for once." She answered.

"Well, that's good." I told her and wondered if that meant she never sleeps well.

"Are you hungry?" She questioned me.

"Yeah." I simply answered.

She stood up from the bed and I was dragged along since she had hold of my hand. Walking out of her room, we reached the kitchen after getting out of the hallway.

"Morning Luna." A man told Jasmine while flipping a pancake.

"Morning, Zane." She replied.

I'm pretty sure she only said his name so I could learn it but it was helpful. He grabbed two plates and put three pancakes on each. After Jasmine got her plate, I was handed a plate.

"Thanks." I thanked Zane.

He smiled at me and gave a little nod. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jasmine eyeing Zane to make sure he doesn't make a move. Smiling at her behavior, she grabbed my hand and led me into a room with a dining room table. It was a nice brown shiny table. I don't know table types so that's a good description in my head. Sitting down on a padded seat, Jasmine sat her plate next to mine.

"I'm going to get drinks." She told me then entered the kitchen again.

After I already ate one pancake, Jasmine came back with two glasses full of orange juice.

"Thanks." I thanked her and grabbed the glass.

She smiled at me and sat down. We ate in silence except with a little bit of small talk between each pancake.

"So, uh, I'm going to call Nicolas about the situation." Jasmine said.

"You're not going to return me to him... are you?" I asked nervously.

"No, I would never do that! I'm just going to talk to him about it. If he wants to attack or fight my pack, he will just weaken his own." Jasmine replied.

"Oh, okay." I exclaimed finishing my last bite of food.

"If you want, I can put it on speaker phone so you can hear it." She suggested.

I smiled and nodded my head. Once we finished our pancakes and our juice, we got up from the table.

"Here, I'll take it." Jasmine said taking my plate and glass.

"Thanks." I replied and waited for her to put them in the sink.

She came back over to me and grabbed my hand leading me back to her bedroom.

Jasmine's POV

After walking through the hallway, we reached my bedroom. Piper went over and sat on my bed as I grabbed my phone from the top of my dresser. Turning back to Piper, I sat beside her. Pulling out my phone, I dialed the number. As it rang, I put it on speaker phone.

Hello?
Hey, Nicolas.
Did you find Piper?
Yes.
Great, I'll come get her!
Nope.
Why not? She is my mate.
No, she isn't.
Give her back!
No, why did you hold her hostage?
She is my mate and she was going to leave.
Impossible, I know who her mate is.
Yeah, me.
Nope.
Then who are you talking about?
Me. I'm her mate.
No, you aren't.
I'm just calling to tell you to give it up because I'm her mate and she is not going to go back to you.
Well, I'll just come get her.
Do you have a death wish?
...

He hung up on me.

"There, all done." I said to Piper who looked frightened.

"What's wrong? It's fine he can't get you." I reassured her.

When I said that, she loosened up a bit.

"Don't worry." I said as I rubbed my thumb against her hand.

She looked into my eyes and I saw them soften.

"Thank you." She exclaimed.

"Thank you." I replied stressing the you.

I pulled Piper into a hug and stroked her ratted black hair. Her ratted hair didn't bother me but it might bother her. Ignoring that thought, I held Piper close and I didn't ever want to let her go. She pulled out of the hug but didn't scoot away from me.

"Did you want to shower?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She replied.

I got up from the bed and over to the dresser. Opening the last drawer, I pulled out a fluffy blue towel.

"Catch." I told her.

Once she held her arms out ready to catch it, I threw it.

"Got it." She said as she caught it in her hands.

She got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom. Once she was in, she went over to the shower.

"How do you work this?" She asked confused.

Going over to her, I showed her how to work the shower.

"Right is cold, left is hot." I told her.

"Oh, okay. Thanks." She replied.

She turned the water on and with that I left the bathroom and closed the door for her to shower in peace.

----------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.