Chapter 9

Nicolas's POV

As I drove to my pack away from the Silver Moon pack, I was furious. How dare they keep Piper from me? She is and will be mine. That Jasmine girl can't keep her away from me. Piper is meant to be mine even if she isn't my true mate. Everyone in my pack will believe me when I say another pack took my mate. I just need to find the best way to get her back.

Finally, I arrived at my pack and was greeted by my beta.

"Hello, Alpha." Dominic said.

"Dominic." I mumbled and got out of the car.

Slamming the door of the car, I marched into my home to plan.

"Alpha, are you alright?" A pack member asked.

Ignoring them, I closed the door of my home. Rushing to my office, I started to plan.

Jasmine's POV

After Nicolas left, I went to my room and Piper had followed.

"Are you sure he can't hurt this pack?" Piper asked nervous.

"Babe, trust me. It's fine." I replied trying to reassure her.

She smiled and loosened up a bit but was still anxious. Rubbing her arms, I tried calming her down.

"How about we go to the lake?" I suggested trying to get her mind off of Nicolas.

"Uh, yeah, sure." She replied.

Glad she was up to it, I went to my dresser to grab some clothes. Pulling out two bathing suits, shorts, and t-shirts, I gave her one of the outfits. I saw her walk into the bathroom but this time she didn't close the door. Ignoring it, I changed into the clothes.

"Jazzy..." Piper called out.

Smiling at the nickname, I went over to the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can you tie this?" She asked holding two strings.

"Yep." I said and took the strings.

Tying the strings, I saw her in the mirror. She looked beautiful...

"Jazzy?" She asked.

At that moment I realized I was staring at her face through the mirror. My face felt hot.

"Sorry..." I apologized.

"It's fine... I'm just waiting for it to be tied." She replied smiling.

"Oh yeah..." I said and started to tie it.

Quickly, I was done tying the strings. She turned around and grabbed the t-shirt. Easily, she pulled it on. Slipping on some flip flops, I threw some over to her and saw her slide them on.

"Ready?" She asked me.

"Yeah, let's go." I replied grabbing my phone from the top of the dresser.

Grabbing her hand, we walked out of my room and I stopped to grab two towels from the laundry room. Holding the towels in my right hand, I used my left hand to shove my phone into my pocket.

"Where's the lake?" Piper asked me.

"You'll see..." I answered grinning.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her smile and roll her eyes at me.

As we walked to the lake, I would casually glance over at her to look into her beautiful blue eyes. One time she caught me and stared right back.

"Are we there yet?" Piper whined.

"Almost..." I replied grinning.

After a couple more minutes of walking, we reached the lake.

"Woah." Piper said as she saw the lake.

Smiling, I put the towels down and laid them out. Piper came over to me and sat on the towel.

"It's a really beautiful sight." Piper said looking at the water bring surrounded by bushes and some sunflowers.

"Yeah, a beautiful sight for a gorgeous girl." I replied grinning at her.

She turned to focus her attention on me and grinned back. Laying back on the towel, I saw Piper get up. She took off the shirt and shorts and went to the lake. Smiling from her actions, I saw her dip her foot in to test the temperature of the water. Slowly, she emerged herself in the water with her head sticking up.

"Are you coming?" She asked.

Getting up from my towel, I changed out of the shorts and shirt. Standing on the side of the lake, I slowly put my feet in. Once I had the water up to my waist, Piper quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me in. My head went under water and I quickly pushed myself back up. Piper smiled mischievously at me.

"You're gonna regret that..." I said ready for revenge.

"Try me." She dared me.

Swiftly, I pinned her against the edge of the lake wall. Our faces were close by each other. Smiling at her, she quickly pulled me onto her. Before I knew it, she trapped me between her legs. Holding her arms back, I leaned in and connected our lips. I felt her start to smile but she quickly pushed it away. As she responded to the kiss, I let go of her arms. She moved her arms to my neck. Pulling away, Piper stared into my eyes.

After hours at the lake, we decided on going back. Grabbing our stuff, we started walking.

"So, do you have any siblings?" I asked Piper.

"Nope, only child. That's why my mother and father tried pushing me into marriage with the Alpha." She replied.

"Oh, wow." I answered feeling bad for her and wishing I could have taken her away from them earlier.

"Yeah, so do you have any siblings?" Piper asked me.

"Uh, no but I have a good friend." I replied remember my father and mother.

"Oh." Piper said.

After walking back to the pack, we entered her home to eat dinner.

"Luna." Zane greeted me when I entered in the door.

"Hey, Zane." I replied walking into my bedroom.

Giving Piper some pajamas, I put some on. After she changed, I grabbed her hand and entered the kitchen. Looking at what Zane was doing, he was cutting slices of pizza.

"Here." Zane said handing me two plates.

Grabbing the plates, I gave Piper one and grabbed some slices of cheese pizza. Looking over at Piper, she was waiting for me. Smiling at her, I went to the fridge. Grabbing two water bottles, I went with Piper to the living room to eat.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and sat on the couch. Grabbing the remote, I put a movie in. As it played, Piper snuggled up against me as she ate.

After a couple minutes, we were done with dinner. Grabbing the empty plate from her hands, I went to the kitchen and put them in the sink.

"What did I miss?" I asked her as I sat beside her.

"Nothing much. The guy just entered the building." She replied putting her head on my shoulder.

Finally, the movie ended and I shut it off. Looking over at Piper, I saw her sleeping. Slowly getting up from the couch, I cradled her in my arms. Walking back to my room, I gently set her on my bed. Shutting off the lights, I closed the door. I went over to the bed and pulled the covers over the both of us. Holding her in my arms, I kissed her forehead.

"I love you." I said even though I knew she couldn't hear me.

------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.
Piper and Jasmine are so cute together...