Chapter 8

Piper's POV

After showering, I threw on the clothes she gave me. Walking out of the bathroom, Jasmine was laying on her bed.

"Oh, hey hot stuff." Jasmine said sitting up.

I felt my cheeks go warm and she just grinned at me. Rolling my eyes at her, I pounced onto her and took the towel that was still wet and covered her face in it. As I went to get off the bed, she grabbed my ankle and pulled me back and wrestled me. After a couple minutes, I was pinned as my back laid on the bed.

"Well, well, well..." Jasmine said.

"You gonna let me go?" I asked her.

"Nope, this is what you get for messing with this Luna." She replied.

She held me down as I struggled but finally I stopped struggling and gave up.

"Are you done now?" Jasmine asked.

"Oh just let me go. I get it... I won't mess with you anymore..." I said sarcastically.

She looked into my eyes as if she was staring into my soul but then let go of my arms. Sitting up, she sat in front of me with her legs crossed. Crossing my legs, I stared right back at her trying to keep a straight face but failed. I burst out laughing and Jasmine followed shortly after.

"Luna!" Zane yelled.

"What?" Jasmine asked looking alert.

Zane came into the doorframe and looked over at me but then focused his attention on Jasmine.

"Nicolas is here." He said.

"Where? Did he bring anyone?" She asked.

"At the door and he is the only one." Zane answered.

"Okay..." She said not worried getting up from the bed.

I got up and followed her down the hallway but stopped at the end so I could watch their conversation but not be seen. Jasmine looked back at me and smiled as if nothing was wrong. I stayed back as Jasmine carefully opened the door.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Nicolas yelled.

I backed farther into the hallway but quietly. Backing up, I found a room and entered. Closing the door, I examined the room. It was a storage room filled with random stuff they store because duh it's a storage room...

Jasmine's POV

When I opened the door, Nicolas yelled asking where Piper was.

"Be calm. And she isn't your mate... why do you care so much?" I asked him.

He came fairly close to me and stood taller than me expecting me to be intimidated.

"Tell me where she is..." He stammered.

"No." I replied.

His face showed anger as if he could explode at any minute. As he raised a fist to hit me, Zane came to interfere but he was too late. Before he hit me, I kicked Nicolas in the groin as hard as possible and ducked his punch.

"FUCK!" He shouted.

Zane looked at me as if I was an insane killer.

"What?" I asked.

"Uh, nothing... what's your plan now?" He asked.

"Just going to wait for him to give up." I replied.

Looking back to check on Piper, I didn't see her. My heart started pounding and I ran into the hallway opening every door looking for my mate.

"Piper?" I called out panicking.

Opening the door to the storage room, I saw Piper shuffling things in a box.

"Damn, you scared me." I said to her which made her jump a little bit.

"Oh, sorry..." She replied as she stopped shuffling things in the box.

"Well, Nicolas is on the floor in pain right now so... do you want to come out?" I asked her.

"Sure..." She replied as she warily stepped out of the room.

As she looked both ways in the hallway for Nicolas, I grabbed her hand as she kept her guard up.

"Just leave." I heard Zane say calmly.

"Give me her back." Nicolas demanded.

"Leave or we will force you to leave." Zane told Nicolas who has now recovered from my kick.

I could tell Nicolas knew he had no other choice since he doesn't have any help anyways.

"I'm coming back for her." Nicolas said to Zane.

We entered the room holding Zane and Nicolas. I could tell Piper was reluctant to go in the room with him here but I assured her it is fine.

"Piper..." Nicolas whispered.

I could almost hear his heart break as he saw me holding Piper's hand.

"Piper, please." Nicolas begged her.

"I'm not going back to you or that pack." She replied to his pleading.

"What about your family? They miss you." He argued but still spoke sweetly to her.

"They forced me... they wanted me to be with you even if I wasn't happy. Not good parents to me..." Piper replied proud she said it but she still looked a little hurt.

"Piper... if you don't come back willingly, I will take you back by force and it won't be good for this pack." He replied now in an angered tone.

Piper didn't look scared anymore but now she looked like she intimidated him.

"Leave. Now." I said to Nicolas who had his attention to Piper.

He frowned at Piper and stared at her as he held the door knob in his hand.

"I expected more from you." Nicolas said.

With that last statement, he opened the door and left. The room was silent as we heard Nicolas start his vehicle and drive off.

----------
Please vote, comment, and follow.
I'm wondering if you have a preference for the POVs... do you like Jasmine's or Piper's better?