Chapter 6

Piper's POV

After running through the forest, I had switched back to human form and wrapped the coat around me. Since it was morning, I decided on walking the rest of the way. As I walked, I reached another pack which I believe is the Silver Moon pack. They are a strong pack and I hope I can get through there undetected. Walking through, I caught ahold of the sweet smell of pumpkin pie. It confused me that the pack smelled of pumpkin pie but I wasn't really complaining.

"Hey!" A voice yelled.

A man saw me and I ran back into the forest to hide myself.

"Get back here!" The man shouted.

Looking back, the man was accompanied by two other men now. Crap. I was sprinting in the forest and finally found a place to hide. Ducking in a bush, I climbed into it even though the thorns scraped my bare legs.

"Split up, we have to find her. The Luna will be furious if we don't find the rogue." A man told the others.

They all split up. One went to the right of me and the other to the left but the last one was walking towards the bush I was hidden in.

Jasmine's POV

While driving back to the pack, one of the pack members contacted me in the pack's mind link. Apparently there is a rogue in the forest and they are looking for her now. Hey, maybe it is Nicolas's mate!

"Luna!" Zane yelled.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You were zoning out plus we are here." He answered.

"Oh." I replied.

Getting out of the car, I went towards where the rogue was supposed to be. Entering the forest, I saw Finn who was searching around for the rogue. Walking towards him, the scent of strawberry and vanilla kept getting stronger and stronger.

"Nice perfume!" I joked with Finn.

"What are you talking about?" He asked with a confused expression.

"You smell like strawberries and vanilla." I explained.

"Um, no. I don't smell that." He replied.

Confused, I looked around for the rogue.

"Are you sure you saw a rogue?" I asked Finn.

"Yes, she had black hair." He answered.

"That is Nicolas's mate!" I told him.

"Oh, then we have to find her." Finn exclaimed.

"I'm going to call him, if you find her tell me." I replied and went to leave.

"Let go of me!" A voice screamed out for help.

Quickly, I went to Finn who was struggling as he held a girl in his arms. I caught a quick glance of her face and I was shocked. Finn lifted his fist as if he would knock her out.

"Stop!" I screamed at Finn.

Finn looked over at me in confusion and I gave him a death look.

"What?" He asked.

"Let go of her!" I yelled at him.

The girl hadn't seen me yet since she is behind the tall bush. Finn reluctantly let go of her and I saw her gorgeous black hair flowing down her head to her chest. Our eyes locked and I saw her bright blue eyes.

"Piper?" I questioned the beauty.

"Yes, please don't bring me back to Nicolas." She replied frightened.

I pulled her into my grasp and the scent of strawberries and vanilla filled my nose. Everything clicked at that moment in my brain... Piper is my mate.

"Mate." I whispered in her ear.

She held me tighter and I felt her pain.

"Luna?" Finn said confused by my actions.

I ignored Finn and held my gorgeous mate then remembering Nicolas.

"Let's get back to my pack. I don't want him around you." I told her and grabbed her hand.

She followed me to the pack as Finn trailed behind. As we walked, I held a tight grip on her hand but not too tight. It's just I'm on edge about this situation. I love Piper and I don't know why Nicolas would lie about her being his mate. She is my mate not his.

After walking in the forest for a while, we reached my house where Zane is probably waiting for me. Looking at my beautiful mate, she looked a little shocked and terrified. Walking in the house, Zane was on the couch watching TV.

"Is this the rogue?" Zane asked standing up.

He came over quickly and grabbed her arm tightly. Quickly, I grabbed his arm and sunk my claws in it.

"Get the hell off her." I growled at him.

He took his arm back and looked terrified.

"S-sorry." He stuttered.

I took her into the hallway that led to my room and other rooms. Going into my room, I gently sat her on the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked holding onto her hand while looking at her arms for any wounds.

While scanning her arms, I saw a large cut on her arm.

"Where did this come from?" I asked her.

"The Alpha did it." She replied.

"What else did he do to you?" I asked her nervously.

"He tied me to a bed. I escaped before he did anything else." She told me.

I was furious with the Alpha's actions. He has to be killed for what he has done to her.

"He will never harm you again." I said to her.

She smiled at me and made me feel warm and happy for once.

"Do you want to borrow some of my clothes?" I asked her since she only had a coat on.

"Please." She said with a big grin.

I went over to my dresser and pulled out some clothes. Wrapping up the clothes in a bundle, I handed her them.

"Thanks." She replied.

"You can change in there." I told her pointing to my bathroom.

She smiled and entered the room. While I waited for her to change, I picked up some of my pajamas and quickly threw them on. Right as I was tying my shorts, she stepped out of the bathroom. The shorts I gave her showed off her perfect legs although they weren't too short. She had on one of my T-shirts.

"Do I look good?" She asked smiling.

"Fantastic." I replied.

She blushed a little but sat on the bed. I sat next to her and she leaned on my shoulder. This made my shoulder tingle from her touch. Her messy black hair fell onto my back and chest. My hand intertwined with her's and laid on my thigh. This is my paradise.

-------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.