Chapter 4

It had been a few weeks since I've been here and I'm slowly starting to adjust. Marcus is acting like my shower, he's either burning hot or freezing cold, giving me all of his attention or none at all. Sometimes it's as if he doesn't care. At first I was willing to put everything I've got into this relationship, now I'm not too sure.

"Mia!" I heard Marcus yell "where are you?" He burst into the room and I yelped, jumping backwards.
"What the hell Marcus!" I screeched "are you trying to give me a heart attack?" He grabbed me and pulled me close, snuggling me. I slowly wrapped my arms around him and he buried his face into my neck.
"What's wrong?" I whispered.
"Jonathan and some of his men have breeched the borders. They're moving in." He growled lowly.
I whimpered and he pulled me closer.
"It's okay Mia. He will go no where near you. You are mine." He whispered. I nodded as tears leaked out of my eyes. He laid on the bed and cuddled me until I fell asleep.

"Mia." Marcus shook me awake "Mia I have to go. They're getting closer. I'm leaving with my warriors. Stay in the room. I have guards outside." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I grabbed his face and pulled his lips to mine. We pulled apart and he smiled down at me.
"Come home to me." I whispered.
"Always Love." He walked out of the room and I got up. I picked up my phone and checked the time. 5:27 am. I got up and grabbed a towel and went to the shower.

After I took a shower I walked into the closet and put on my white sweatpants and black tank top. I walked out of the room to make breakfast.

I made pancakes, eggs, and bacon for me and the 10 guards that Marcus assigned to stay with me. The only one that was actually nice was Dylan. He's 19, the youngest guard here. He has blonde hair, green eyes and he's really sweet.
"So, who wants to watch Lion King?" I asked, walking into the living room.
"Me! I do! I do!" Dylan yelled, running after me and jumping onto the couch. I giggled and turned it on.
We were an hour into the movie when I heard a crash from the kitchen and Dylan jumped up, crouching down and signaling for me to do the same. I got down and Dylan crept around the couch, peeking out.
Three men, they're coming up on my side. He mind linked. The other guards ran in and shifted. All I heard was snarling and whining. Dylan came closer to me and shook his head. Then, it was silent. Dylan peeked up and quickly ducked back down.
They killed them..all of nine of them..what the hell. He told me. I put my hand over my mouth as my eyes watered up. They died. Because of me.
I mind linked Marcus. He's on his way. We just need to keep you alive. He gave me a crooked smile and I shook my head.
You need to stay alive too. Please. He nodded and peeked over the couch. He motioned for me to stand and I saw that the wolves were gone. I heard a crash upstairs and I pointed up. Dylan nodded and we crept to the front door. As soon as we opened it a gunshot went off and Dylan jumped in front of me. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. The bullet hit Dylan in his stomach as he yelled out in pain, falling to the floor.
"Dylan!" I screamed as someone else came out from around the corner and injected a needle into my neck. I yelped and the guy grabbed me. I tried to fight him off but it was as if my body was made of cement. I fell into him and he picked me up, running into the woods. The last thing I remember is the trees blurring past before everything went black.
(Marcus's POV) Surprise!!
I was fighting off any wolf that got in my way. There are more than I had thought there would be, so far there was no sign of Jonathan. I felt someone pushing through my mind-link barrier and I growled in frustration, letting them in.
What I yelled
A-alpha, it's the Luna. She was taken. One of my guards stuttered. Dylan, I think his name is. And A-Alpha, they killed the rest of the guards. I tried. I really tried to protect her. I'm sorry. He whimpered.
On my way. I growled.

As I ran through the the woods the only thing on my mind was Mia. My mate. I should've been there, God damnit. I growled at myself and ran faster.
When I got to the house the kitchen windows were shattered and it reeked of rogues. all I saw was red. I threw the couch across the room and punched the wall. I picked up the lamp and smashed it into the TV. Someone walked in and I turned around. Hayden. Her brother. He had tears in his eyes and came up to me.
"Dylan is at the pack doctors. He got shot protecting Mia. He'll be okay within time. But Mia. They took her." I nodded and stormed out of the house. I shifted and howled. This means war. I'm coming for you Mia. I promise.