Chapter 21

1 week later
Mia is all I've been able to think about. She's still asleep. Zead doesn't know when she'll wake up.
I walked into the nursery and looked at Everest. She had Mia's hair and rosey cheeks. Everest opened her eyes and looked at me. Her bright blue and gold eyes still stun me. We are trying to find out why she has them, but there hasn't been much luck.
Alpha. The Luna is awake. Zead mind linked me. I quickly picked up Everest and made my way back to Mia.
Mia's POV
I woke up and looked around. I was in a white room with a machine. It took me a moment to realize I was at the pack doctors.
Beep. Beep. Beep.
I growled and unplugged the stupid machine. Those things are obnoxious. I tried to get fully up so I could go pee, but when I leaned upwards there was a burning sensation in my chest. I whimpered and laid back down.
"Zead!" I called. He came into the room and smiled at me.
"Luna! You're awake!" He said happily.
"My chest hurts." I said quietly.
He nodded and looked at me.
"Jonathan had nightshade on his claws. When he swiped you're chest it got on you. You may be immune to wolfsbane and silver, but not nightshade."
"What is it?" I asked.
"It's a plant that can only be found across the world." He answered.
I nodded and looked around. I didn't see Marcus anywhere.
"Where's Marcus?" I asked.
"On his way." I nodded and Zead left the room.
I waited in silence for Marcus to get here. Within the next few minutes he burst into the room and hugged me. I cried out in pain and he jumped away quickly.
"I'm sorry kitten." He looked away "I didn't mean to hurt you." I smiled as my eyes filled with tears.
"It's okay. I missed you." I said. he looked at me and came back over, reaching out to me. I took his hand and smiled at the sparks.
"I love you kitten."
"I love you too."

Melanie came in with her mate, holding Everest. I smiled and reached for my baby.
"Mommy missed you baby girl." I whispered to her. She opened her eyes and smiled up at me. I love her smile. I was happy to be back, to be able to be together again.