Chapter 6

Mia's POV
Tears streamed down my face as Jonathan kicked me repeatedly.
I wanted to shove him away, but I learned my lesson the last time I had tried.
Jonathan lifted his hand, but right before he made contact with my face I shoved him back. I scooted away as he looked at me with fury in his eyes. He growled and stalked over to me.
"You are going to learn your lesson Mia. I may love you, but this is what's best. Your job is to stay put, stay quiet, and cooperate." He growled lowly. I whimpered and backed up until I couldn't anymore. He came up to me and raised his hand. I yelped as he smacked me. He grabbed my hair and threw me to the floor. When I looked in his eyes all I saw was anger. To say I was scared was an understatement.
"This oughta teach you." He snarled.
I whimpered as his boot made contact with my stomach, then my side, then finally my face. Everything went black and I felt
"Worthless mate. You'll learn to respect me." Jonathan growled as he backed up and left the room.
I got up on shaky legs and stumbled over to the bed, collapsing onto it and falling into a deep sleep.

I woke up and I was sore everywhere.
I looked at the wall where the clock was hanging.
12:07.
I had a few hours until he'd come back up.
He comes up every night, trying to see if I had become more willing to be his mate. I'm not sure why he expects me to cooperate. I'd take the beating over letting him mark me any day.
Marcus please help. I said through the mind link in a last attempt before tonight came.
Marcus's POV
We had been running for two days now. Mia is the only thing I can think about. The exhaustion and fatigue isn't enough to stop me or my men. All they want is their Luna to be safe and she will be. She's mine. Jonathan will never have her. If he even hurt her in any way I will rip him apart. At the thought of her being hurt I growled and picked up my pace.
Just 3 more hours boys. Hayden sent through the mind link.

Marcus please help. I shook my head and came to an abrupt stop. Everyone else stopped and Hayden cocked his head at me. I shifted back and put my shorts on, Hayden following.
"What?" He asked.
"Mia." I breathed "she mind linked me. We have to get her. Soon."
"We will Marcus." He nodded, shifting back. I did the same and began to run again.
I'm coming my sweet Mia. I said through the mind link in hopes of her hearing me.

Mia's POV
7:43. The time is 7:43. I have till 8. My heart is pounding in my chest as I look around, trying find a way to escape. The window was barely big enough for my head to fit through. The door is locked. If I tried kicking it down I'm scared to find out the punishment. There were no vents. All I had was a mattress and a pillow. No blanket and no way out. He took my blanket when I bit him last week.
"Knock knock my love." Jonathan smiled sinisterly as he walked in. I shivered in disgust at his nickname for me and scooted back.
"No. Please no." I shook my head as he walked up.
"Times up." He pointed to the clock. I shook my head and closed my eyes.
He walked over and grabbed my arm, bringing me to my feet.
"Maybe when I mark you you'll realize I'm your true mate." He said as I stared at the floor.
"Please don't." I whispered.
He let go of my arm as I heard a howl in the distance.
"Marcus." I said quietly as Jonathan growled.