Chapter 15

October 12th. It's the 12th. We are getting closer and closer to the date that Jonathan will arrive. I'm taking Melanie and Monica with me today and I'm going to get stuff for the baby today.

After I put on my yoga pants, Marcus's sweatshirt and a pair of boots I met Monica and Melanie at Marcus's car. I grabbed his keys going out the door and mind linked him, telling him where I was going.
"Alright ladies. Let's go get baby things." I said, hopping into the driver seat.
We got to the mall and I was actually excited about shopping for once.
"When's the due date Luna Mia?" Monica asked. I told her to just call me Mia but she refuses.
"November 5th." I said. I was nervous. What if he got to my baby? I shook my head and kept walking.
We went into the first baby store we saw and got a crib, dresser, and a bunch of other baby things.
"Let's get paint." Monica squealed. I laughed and we went into the paint store.
I decided on a pale pink color and teal.
"Onto clothes!" I said. The girls squealed and I giggled.
We went to Old Navy and filled a shopping cart full with shoes and clothes. After paying for it all we decided it was time to go home. We loaded everything into the trunk and I was about to get in the car when I heard a cry. A pup cry.
"Wait." I stopped and turned around, running to behind the mall. There was a small pup behind two dead wolves, I'm guessing his parents, surrounded by 4 rogues.
"Get your dirty paws off the pup." I snarled. Monica and Melanie ran up behind me. The rogues spun around and once they saw me they smirked and looked at each other.
"Well well. If it isn't Luna Mia." One rogue said. "Oh. And she has a baby with her." I growled and out my hands over my stomach.
"Wait till Alpha Jonathan hears about this." The other rogue said. Monica snarls at the name and steps in front of me.
Marcus. Rogues. Mall. I sent through the mind link.
I'm coming Kitten. Marcus growled.
There was a howl and I knew it was Marcus.
"Awe. She called her Alpha." The rogue snickered. "Too bad you'll be dead when he gets here." He nodded to the others and they all lunged. Melanie threw me behind her and shifted. She grabbed one rogue by the neck and snapped it. Monica was still in human form and stood in front of me protectively. A rogue lunged at her and she punched him in the jaw. There was a loud crack and he yelped in pain.
"You bitch." He snarled. He jumped up at her and she grabbed his neck, snapping it. He fell to the ground and she shifted, attacking the next wolf that came. She killed him while Melanie killed the last one. They shifted back and ran to me, trying to check for injuries but I was only worried about the pup. I ran past them and scooped the pup up.
"Hey pup. What's your name?" I asked softly.
"S-Slater." He sobbed into my shoulder. "W-What about M-Mommy and D-Daddy?"
"Mommy and Daddy are up there with the Moon Goddess now. But don't you worry. They will always be right here." I placed my hand over his heart and he nodded snuggling into me. I turned around and Marcus was standing there with Reed and Hayden. Once he saw me he ran over and pulled me to him, checking for injuries.
"I'm fine Marcus. I promise." I whispered. "But the pup."
"I know kitten." He looked at the ground sadly. "Julie and Dewayne. That's their names. This is their only pup. Slater."
"What will we do?" I asked quietly.
"Luna Mia." Reed came over. "I would like to take him. I knew his parents and me and Hayden can't have children any other way." I smiled at him. "Hayden is okay with it."
I nodded and looked at Marcus he nodded and I handed Slater to Reed.
"You'll be okay Pup." I whispered to him. He curled into Reed and fell asleep.
"Let's get you home kitten." Marcus said, walking me to the car. I stopped and looked at Monica and Melanie. They both were uninjured.
"Thank you." I hugged them both and they smiled.
"Don't thank me Luna Mia. This is my job." Monica said. I smiled and hugged her again.
"C'mon. Let's go home." We all went to the car and hopped in.
"At least we got our shopping done ." Melanie said, shrugging her shoulders. I giggled and shook my head at her.
When we pulled up to our house Mason was waiting on the porch. He ran over and grabbed Melanie, hugging her tight.
"Don't ever do that again. Please." He whispered. She nodded and held him tighter.
After all the stuff was up into the nursery I laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I wish this was all over.