Chapter 7

Picture of Jonathan .
______________________
"God damn it" Jonathan growled. "you will pay for this after I go kill your precious Alpha."
I snarled at him and got up on shaky legs. "You will not kill him. He's stronger than you will ever be. You're nothing but a weak, pathetic, coward who hides behind his men." I glared at him.
He smacked me and I fell to the floor. "You're my mate. You will show me the respect I deserve. Just like your father should've. It's a shame really. He was my brother after all. But he needed to go. He was stronger than I am. Just like your grandfather. Just like you. But I'll fix that. Don't you worry." He sneered.
I lunged for him and he fell against the silver doorknob, yelling in pain.
"God dang it!" He yelled picking me up by my throat. I squirmed as everything started to get blurry.
He threw me to the floor and I yelped in pain, coughing, trying to catch my breath as He stalked over angrily and kicked me in the stomach repeatedly.
As he lifted his foot in front of my face the door slammed open.
"Get off of her." I heard someone growl threateningly.
"Marcus." I whispered before everything went black.
Marcus's POV
We arrived at her old packs territory around 8 and I immediately knew she was here. I stopped and howled, my pack following my lead. This is war.
I ran across the field, following Mia's scent, killing every rogue that dared get in my way. I burst into the pack house and stopped. I shifted and ran to the door that smelled most like her. I threw it open and ran down the steps. There was a rogue standing there and I jumped on him, snapping his neck. I continued down the hall, killing a few more rogues until I heard her voice. I ran to the door and threw it open.
"Get the fuck off of her." I growled lowly. Jonathan was standing over a bruised and dirty Mia with his foot in the air. He froze and turned around.
"Marcus." Mia whispered as she closed her eyes.
"I'll kill you." I yelled, jumping for Jonathan. He chuckled as he stepped out of the way of my attack.
"I wouldn't do that. You see, as soon as I heard your howl I popped this" he held up a broken rubber thing. "Now this is in her system. It is deadly to all wolves. She has 24 hours before she is dead. So, you can either attack me, or save her. Tick tock." He smirked.
"Leave." I growled. I mind linked my men to stop the battle as I ran to Mia's side.
"I will have my mate." He disappeared out of the door.
I knelt down and picked her up. She whimpered and snuggled into me.
"I've got you Mia. It's okay."I murmured into her ear.

"Hayden!" I called. He darted over and fell to the ground next to Mia. "He put something into her system. I'm going to shift. Put her on my back then lead the men home." He nodded as I shifted. He picked up Mia and put her on my back. As soon as she was on I ran as fast as I could.
Zead. I'm on my way back. I need something for wolfsbane. I'll explain when I'm there. Just quickly get it ready please. I mind linked the pack Doctor.
Yes Alpha.
I shut off my mind and focused on running.
We will be home soon enough my sweet Mia. You'll be okay.