Chapter 22

*LOUIS POV*

I was lost for words. I stood frozen at the front of class, as I watched Marcel run out. I wanted to run after him but I couldn't. My whole body was numb; I couldn't feel anything but the stares of all the students in the class. I looked up to see them all staring at me in disgust and hate.

"I can't believe poor Marcel actually hurt himself because of a bastard like Louis." A girl whispered and I cringed.

Everything that happened the past few days was my fault, all my fault. I'm the reason he took drugs and I'm the reason he actually harmed himself. I can't believe it. For fuck sake! Why did I hurt him? Why am I being such a bastard to him? And now he hates me and I hate myself even more.

"Louis, go to the nurse." I heard my teacher say.

I turned to look at him and nodded as I clutched the paper in my hand and marched out the class. I didn't go to the nurse, I just left school. I wanted to go looking for him, I wanted to find him, try to apologize to him and just hold him until he forgave him. All I wanted was to be able to hold him and call him mine but I ruined everything.

I sat at the bench in the park, reading over and over again the story we wrote. You could actually see how much pain I was causing him just by the things he wrote. Everything I wrote made it sound like I hated him which I don't. I growled in frustration as I tore the paper into shreds. I got my phone out of my pocket and held it up to my ear once again sighing as the voice mail replayed.

"Hi, this is Marcel. Well I can't talk at the moment but leave a message and I'll call you later. Bye!" I could just imagine the beautiful smile he would have as he said this message to his phone.

"Hey Marcy. It's me again, please pick up the phone. I just want to know you're ok! Don't do anything stupid. Please? Call me yeah?"  I sighed as I ended the call and stared at it waiting for the usual ring-tone to go off but it still wouldn't.

"Marcel? Please pick up! I'm really worried."

"We need to talk though whatever I say won't be enough to apologize."

"I won't leave you alone until you at least pick up the phone so I know if you're still....here.....with us." I whispered the last part.

"Lou?" I snapped my head up to see Liam frowning at me.

"Hey Li." I said, looking at my phone, composing a new text and sending it to Marcel.

"Are you ok? I'm sorry about what happened in class."

"Don't be I'm a fucking bastard." I mumbled.

"A bit." He agreed.

"Li, I'm worried sick, Marcel won't pick up his phone and I'm scared that he might of..." I froze not even able to say it.

"He needs time Louis."

"What if he's dead though?" I yelled, tears running down my cheeks.

"You have to calm down Louis and anyway why do you care? I thought you didn't like him." Liam said. My head snapped at his direction.

"I-I do." I stuttered.

"Doesn't seem like it. Because Larry holds so much hate towards Marvin and you wrote it."

"Liam...I'm so confused." I sniffled.

"Louis, you're not confused, you're in denial. It's so obvious you love him it's only you that has yet to realize."

"I..I don't love him." I whispered.

"Denial." Liam said once again as he got up and started walking away.