Chapter Six

Lolly's P.O.V.

  I was drop dead tired. My mother had kept me up nearly all night to help her.

  "Lolly, you alright?" Jinga asked. I yawned but nodded. I would be fine after some rest.

  We lapsed into silence and then made our way to the 77th training ground. I had a bad feeling about this place. There was just something about it.

  "I don't like this place..." I muttered. Jinga hummed in agreement and Shiro just said nothing. "Alright maggots line up!" Anko called.

  We did as instructed and then she passed down some forms, "These are consent forms. Sign them and then we can begin." she said.

  Once we had them all filled out she the. Had us get into line once again, "Alright now this is training ground 77 or the Icy Coffin Forest. This is the winter counterpart to the Forest of Death. Now the object here is to have all three bells of one color and to exit the forest through one of the gates. If you try and fake the bells the you'll automatically be disqualified. There are two colors; red and blue. Since we have thirty even teams, ten of you will have a blue bell and two red bells, ten of you vice versa, and ten of you will have nothing at all. Now when you get all three of them there will be a slot in the walls of the gate surrounding the forest. Fit them into their correct spot and you move on..." Anko trailed off.

  I had a bad feeling about this. This certainly was going to be a problem. "Oh and one more thing. You have five days to complete this exam or else you're disqualified. So my advice is... Just don't die!" She added.

  I resisted the urge to sweat drop. She really liked theatrics... However soon the line moved to receive our bells or not. We walked in there and they didn't issue us anything. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. We were going to have the toughest time in this test.

  "Great... Now we have to find all three of the bells. What color?" Shiro asked. I shrugged, "Whichever color we get the most of."

  "Well aren't we snippy." He shot back. "Alright maggots get to your gates! We begin in five minutes!" Anko yelled.

  Shiro, Jinga, and I lined up by gate number three. Then in a few seconds flat the gates flew open. "Let's go." I said as we kicked off into the forest.

  I was shocked at the scenery. Inside the gates, the forest was completely encased in ice. The air was freezing and snow was piled up everywhere.

  I looked back out of the gate which we weren't far from and saw no snow. "Wow... This place..." Shiro said.

  "Come on." I ordered and tugged up my hood. We kicked into gear and sped through the snow. "God we need to think of a plan!" Jinga spat as we landed back into the snow.

  "So what do you propose?" Shiro asked. Jinga sat down in the snow and took out a scroll. He unrolled it and the fed some chakra into it. Then suddenly a map of the field came up and there were markers that were moving in the map.

  "I took the liberty of getting a map and memorizing the map. Then I analyzed all of the minds of the remaining competition and now I have a lock on where they all are." Jinga explained.

  "Good job, now do the colors mean anything?" I asked. Jinga nodded, "Yeah, the ones with two red and one blue have red markers plus their symbol to show what village. The ones with the other combination have blue markers and ones with none have just clear markers with their symbol. Now the ones closest to us are a couple of waterfall ninjas." Jinga explained.

  I nodded, "Good. Let's get ahead of them and set some traps. Then once they're occupied with that we go in and get their bells." I ordered.

  Jinga and Shiro nodded. Then we took off. We were careful to mask our chakra as we went past them but then when we got far enough ahead we set up the traps. Now we wait...