Chapter Twenty-Four

Lolly's Pov

   I smiled as I felt the wind caress my face.  It had been too long since I was outside for a long period of time. The hospital had relented and allowed me to go outside, just a mile or two away from the hospital and enjoy outside.

   Neji of course had to be right by my side as well incase something happened. I fell down on the ground and laughed as I looked up at the sky. I loved the feeling of the grass, it was soft and springy. 

   However I couldn't shake the feeling of not knowing what was really going on. Was I truly so important now that I was a Chunnin that I needed a body guard? It didn't really make any sense to me in the least. Something was going on, something that no one wanted me to know. 

   "Lolly, it seems that a storm is on it's way. We need to be getting back to the hospital." Neji called out to me. I sighed as I looked up at the sky. Indeed there was a storm, dark clouds were gathering in the sky and making it quite dark. 

   Neji appeared and picked me up as we hurried back to the hospital. "Hey Neji?" I asked. Neji looked down at me for a second to tell me to go on, "Is Masamune still here or did he go back to the Village Hidden in the Rocks?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"Can we check around to see?"

"... I suppose..."

   We arrived at the hospital and I jumped down out of Neji's arms. I hoped that Masamune was around because I needed to talk to him. We still had some unfinished business. I for one was going to sock him in the face for throwing the match if he was still around.

   I walked up to a nurse and tapped her on the should, "Excuse me but is Masamune Hichigo residing here?" I asked her. The nurse turned around and looked at me fearfully. "Y-yes."

   I smiled, "Can you tell me which room?" I asked. The nurse didn't say anything but rather she wrote a number down on my hand and then hurried off with her head down. Neji joined me and I shrugged my shoulder, "Wonder what that was about..." I muttered. 

   We walked down the hall and into the room number that she had written down and my mouth dropped. Now I knew why she was freaking out....

Shikamaru's Pov

   Shikamaru sighed as he and Temari finally made it to the Sand village. The entire way she wouldn't lay off him about Lolly. Every chance she got she would bring it up and try to worm it out of him about who she was.

   Luckily Shikamaru was smart enough to see what she was doing and steer himself away from her cleverly worded traps. However he was getting very annoyed with her and was quickly losing his patience.

   "This way." Temari said as she yanked him down the hallway and to a wooden door. She quickly knocked on it and then Shikamaru heart Gaara's reply to come in.

   They both stepped into his office and then Shikamaru saw the scrolls on Gaara's desk. "Hello there Shikamaru. I suspect that you're here to take the scrolls?" Gaara asked in his low raspy voice. Shikamaru nodded at the young kazekage, "Yea, I'm here to take those off of your hands." Shikamaru replied unhappily.

   Gaara gathered the scrolls and handed them to Shikamaru, "I hope that you'll see to it that those get to Lady Hokage safely." Gaara said. Shikamaru nodded, "Thank you, I'll be on my way." He said.

"You just got here though and I'm tired so you must be. You should at least stay for the night." Temari said suddenly.

"No I need to get back."