Chapter Nineteen

Lolly's Pov

I stared in shock down at the arena. There was no way, there was just no way.

   Just as Shikamaru had told them to begin the tiny little genin girl shot forward and had stabbed her hand straight through Jinga. My breath caught in my throat as I watched. Jinga surely wasn't the fastest ninja but he was still faster than most. 
   Jinga looked down at the hand in his chest and felt his heart rate speed up. I gripped the bars in front of me and I looked down at the arena ready to leap into it in a moment's notice. I looked down once again and my gaze caught Shikamaru's. I smiled slightly as I saw sadness and hurt flash in his eyes. 
   I knew that something was going on and I was certain that I wasn't going to like it. So I broke my gaze away from his and looked down at Jinga. 'Come on buddy I know that you can pull this off...' I thought. I had confidence in my team mate but still there in the back of my head was that lingering doubt.

Jinga's Pov

    I took in a bit of a shallow breath as I ripped this crazy girl's arm out of my chest. She stumbled away from me and I put my hand to my chest. God it hurt to even breathe. "Heh, I'm sorry did I hurt you?" She taunted me. 
   I glared at her, man did I want to kill her. However I knew that I needed to stop this bleeding before all else. So I unfortunately leapt off into the shadows. As soon as I hit the comforting darkness I then began to wrap up the cut in my chest. I didn't know any medical jutsu because that was not my strong point. 
   "What's the matter, are you scared?" Hoshiko taunted. I glared at her from the shadows and then began to make hand signs. "Iron Pitfall Jutsu." I called out softly. 

   Suddenly a huge pit opened up underneath her feet and Hoshiko had to jump into the air. I grinned since that was what I was waiting for. Quickly I began to make more hand signs, "Ninja Art: Heavenly Needle Shower." 

   Huge needles began to rain down from the sky toward Hoshiko. She was in mid air so there was no way that she could dodge them. However just as the first one hit her she turned into a log. 'A substitution? Where is she?' I screamed in my head. This girl was better than I originally thought she would be. 
   "Are you looking for me?" A soft voice asked. I whirrled around just in time to catch her fist as she went to punch me. We slid out of the shadows into the open and I unfortunately was stuck on defense as I had to keep blocking her hits.  
   She was pretty good at taijutsu for such a small thing. Her kicks were definitely leaving bruises on my arms. Each one felt as if my arms would break in a moment's notice. She kicked me back and then I felt myself falling. 'Damn! I forgot about my pitfall jutsu!' I thought. 
   I turned around and found that I had no time to move so I put my hand out. I felt one of the iron spikes go through it and I screamed in pain. Blood dripped from the wound and luckily skewering my hand was enough to slow my fall to a stop.  
   I got up and then I managed to get myself out of the pit. Just as I did Hoshiko was on me again with her Taijutsu. Suddenly just as she kicked at me again I ducked under her leg and grabbed her fist that aimed a punch at me. 
   I quickly went into a hand stand but twirled as well and managed to drill my feet into her face. I leg go of her hand and she flew away from me. I got back on my feet and then followed up by running toward her again. 
   As I was running I was completing hand signs, "Whac-A-Mole Jutsu!" I called out. I knew that the name was silly but it was one of my favorite techniques. I dove into the ground and then quickly made clones. 
   We easily branched off into different directions and then quickly began to make our way toward Hoshiko. I heard her scream and smirked as I figured the fun had started. I then popped my head up from the ground to see that two of my clones had caught her arms while one of them was holding her legs.  
   She was struggling so I knew that I needed to end this fast. "Alright! Here we go!" I called out as I began to once again make some hand seals. "Earth Style: Earth Pillar Prison!" I called out.