Chapter Seventeen

Lolly's Pov

   Shiro and I clashed in the middle. I aimed a punch for his jaw but he caught that and swung his leg at me. I grabbed onto his knee and then used my knee to hit him square in the stomach. Shiro lost his breath and I kicked him away.

   I landed on the ground and then shot off at him again. I aimed several rapid punches at him and Shiro was able to block each one of them but just barely. He was still recovering from my knee and was a bit slow.

   Then he suddenly blocked one of my kicks, feinted left, and then caught me in the face with a powerful punch. I rolled with the punch and then went soaring off. I hit the ground and then rolled back onto my feet.

   I wiped the blood from my mouth and glared at him. I was being nice up until now. That hit had just sealed his fate. I quickly made some hand signs, "Crystal Beast Jutsu." I said lowly. Huge tigers once again appeared. I sent them toward Shiro who was starting to create a jutsu of his own. They crashed into him just as an icy gale came toward me.

   I barely dodged it and then shot forward toward him once more. My crystal tigers were on either side of me. Just as we began to get close they both split off and went at him from the sides while I went for his front. Shiro however was a master of defense.

   He slammed his palms to the icy ground at his feet and huge spikes of ice exploded from around him. I leapt up to avoid being hit but one of my crystal tigers wasn't so lucky. One managed to avoid the spikes but the other one shattered against the sharp ice.

   While up in the air I made some hand signs once more, "Fire Style: Blazing Bullet Jutsu!" I called out. I opened my mouth and spat six huge bullets of fire down toward Shiro's ice. He grit his teeth and then quickly got out of there before he was burned. However just as he leapt up my remaining crystal tiger swatted at him with its paw.

   Shiro flew across the field and bounced a few times before getting back up. I left him no time however. As soon as my feet touched ground I shot toward him with a kunai in my hand.

   He barely blocked that and I managed to land a heavy chakra infused kick to his side. He screeched in pain as his side erupted in an explosion of blood. I then followed up with a punch to his face.

   That was enough to make him hit the wall of the arena. I grinned and stood there for a second trying to catch my breath. "Wh-what's the matter Shiro? Getting tired?" I taunted him.

   Shiro stood up and grinned, "Yeah r-right. What do I have to be tired for? Your hits a-are weak."

"Heh th-then why are you panting and bleeding so badly if I'm so weak? If I really was weak then you should be just fine."

"Be-because I'm tired and.... damn it!"

   I laughed slightly when he didn't have a comeback for that. He then stood up and glared at me. "I think I'm officially bored with you now Shiro. However since you're my team mate I'll do you the honor of losing to my most beautiful jutsu." I said as I started to make hand signs. "Sapphire Flower Jutsu!" 

   In an instant the most beautiful sapphire lilies appeared everywhere. The way the sun reflected off of their precious stone petals produced a beautiful blue glow. The bluish glow was cast over the entire span of the arena and it was as if all of time had stopped. It was one of my favorite jutsu in the world just because of the affect it had on all those who looked at it.

   I grinned as I heard the crowd gasp at the beauty that was all around. However this was just phase one. "So what, you're going to beautify me to death?" Shiro asked as he completed his jutsu. "Great Demonic Avalanche Jutsu!"