Chapter Twenty-Seven

Shikamaru's Pov

   Shikamaru yawned as he stepped into the Hokage's office. He had no idea why Tsunade had called him in this early. 

   "You called for me?" He asked while yawning again. It was just too early to start the day. "Yes I did, I'm worried about Lolly. Since you know her the best, I wanted to know if there was anything that would take her mind off of things." Tsunade said.

   Shikamaru sighed, Lolly had been depressed ever since Soren had 'Visited' a couple of weeks ago. She just took it to heart about her loss to him. "Well, a mission might help. She doesn't like to stay at home. Other than that I can't really think of anything." He said.

   Tsunade smiled devilishly and nodded, "I was hoping that you would say that. I know that she was really close to Masamune Hichigo. So I've just recieved a C-rank mission for her to go over there and help him figure out some strange disappearances." Tsunade said.

"Why though? I thought that the Rock Village ninjas would be all over it."

"Normally yes but this is special. It has to do with crystals."

"You think that Soren might be behind all of this..."

"Yes."

"Then I don't think that it would be a good idea to send her."

"Why?"

"I for one have to agree with Shikamaru." Kakashi said as he stepped into the office.

   Tsunade stared at him and Shikamaru jumped slightly. He had not heard the Jonin enter the room. Kakashi on the other hand leisurely walked over to Tsunade's desk like he had been invited into this conversation.

   Shikamaru however wasn't complaining. It was nice to finally have someone on his side when it came to Lolly.

   "Well, usually we all know Lolly to have a more laid-back if not shy attitude. When she comes into contact with Soren or even some information on his whereabouts she takes on a different personality." Kakashi stated.

"Your point Kakashi?" 

"My point is that it might be dangerous to set Lolly up in a situation that might have Soren present. You've seen the effects of losing to him on Lolly. It tears her apart. If we were to put her in this situation it may turn out for the worst."

"I do see your reasoning on that. But if I didn't let our crystal jutsu specialist go on this mission then I might've kept Naruto in the village as well instead of letting him go with Jiraya."

   At this Kakashi was silent while Shikamaru had been standing there silent for some time. He could already see that Tsunade was not backing down. Once again they had all ignored his protests for Lolly's well being and gone on ahead with what they wanted.

   Shikamaru felt very annoyed. Just once in his life he would like one troublesome woman to listen to him. However they were just too troublesome and hot headed to listen to him. "So you're going to put Lolly on this mission anyways?" Shikamaru asked.

"Yes, I don't care what you and Kakashi say. She needs this because I'm beginning to fear for her. From what I've heard she's begun to stop eating. If a mission will help her then I'm going to send her on it. I won't have one of my best Chunnin dying because of losing one fight." Tsunade said.

"What a drag... if you're going to send Lolly on this mission then I'm requesting that I go along as well."

"I was already planning on it. I want you to get the closest ninja that Lolly cares for and take them with you. However make sure that they're qualified enough."