Chapter Eight

Lolly's Pov

   I groaned as the world came back to me. All at once the world came into a fuzzy sort of focus and I looked around. My whole body HURT like nobody's bidness. However the first thing that seemed to register was the steril smell of the hospital.
   Then came the warmth and weight of another hand on mine. I angled my head to look down to see Shikamaru asleep with his head on my lap. His hand was covering mine and he had a bit of a tight grip on it. "Sh-Shika..." I murmured. 
   In an instant Shikamaru was up and in my face. "Are you alright? How are you feeling? Anything really bad? Can you talk? How about move your arm?" He questioned worriedly. I moved my arm frustratingly slow and cupped his face, "I'm alright, don't freak out on me here." I said and pecked him on the lips. He looked at me and his face took on a look that I'd never seen before. 
   He gently but firmly crashed his lips to mine in a breathtaking kiss. I kissed back eagerly and he wove his hand into my hair. I kept my hand on his face and then slowly brought up the other one to cup the other side of his face.
   The kiss then began to get deeper but the need for air interrupted. We broke apart and Shikamaru put his forehead on mine and caressed my face with his thumb.
   "Don't ever scare me like that again." He whispered. I smiled and hugged him tightly, "I didn't mean to." I replied. He chuckled and suddenly the door burst open.
   Shika and I looked over to see that Lee had kicked open the door and Fuu was right behind him. They quickly ran forward and shoved Shikamaru out of the way and tackled me in huge hugs. "Ow!' I screeched.
   They both jumped away and I glared at them. "Sorry darling... but oh god you scared the shit out of me!" Fuu said as she hugged me gentler this time. I hugged her back as best I could and then it was Lee's turn.
   "My sweet Lolly how I was worried! I feel a few years off of my youth!" He cried. I just stared at him with a blank face. It was still nice of him to visit of course.

 "Lolly!" 

"How are you peasant?"

"How ya doin kiddo?"

   I looked over to see Shiro, Jinga, and Genma. I smiled at them and they came over and gave me hugs as well. It was sort of nice. 

Shikamaru's Pov

  He watched as Lolly smiled at all of her friends. However he couldn't help but notice that she had a tight face on. It was almost like she was trying not to cry.
   "Lolly, are you alright?" Shikamaru asked as he nudged his way though the growing crowd. She nodded and he gave her a look. "I'm alright." She then said. He looked at her again and he knew that she knew he didn't believe her. However Shikamaru was willing to let it go for now. "How long was I out?" She asked. "Half a week." Genma replied. Lolly looked at him surprised and Shikamaru felt bad for her.
   However at that moment Tsunade came into the over crowded room and told everyone to get out. Shikamaru placed one last kiss on her forehead and then begrudgingly walked out of the door.
   He walked down the street and saw Asuma. "Shikamaru, how is she?' Asuma asked. "She's alright. A little banged up but she'll recover." Shikamaru replied as he and Asuma walked down teh street.
   "So, you and her huh?" Asuma suddenly asked. Shikamaru looked at his teacher with surprise, "I guess. Are you mad?"

"No, not in the least. This is the happiest I think I've ever seen you."

"Sakura told me that people in the village aren't exactly happy..."

"I say don't listen to them. Sakura is just a little upset because to her this is how it should've been with her and Sasuke."

"Yeah. Thanks Asuma."

"Anytime."

   Shikamaru and Asuma parted ways and Shikamaru began to walk home. He really didn't want to leave the hospital. Especially when Lolly was upset about something.