Chapter Thirty-Seven

Lolly's Pov

   On my way to visit Nadeshiko and Masamune I ran into Kakashi. I went to walk by him but he held his hand out and stopped me. "Is something the matter? I was going to go and talk strategy with Masamune and Nadeshiko." I said.

"That's going to be a problem considering we're done here."

"Huh?"

"We were sent here to find out why the dead were walking. Now that we have we need to return to the village... I'm sorry Lolly." Kakashi sighed.

   I shook my head and then began to walk on. This couldn't be the end, there was so much that still needed to be done and I wasn't even close to scratching the surface. I needed to find out a way to beat Soren and I need to strike quickly before he gets any more powerful... what do I do?
   Walking off away from Kakashi I arrived at where Granny Mei was treating Masamune and Nadeshiko. Right now Granny Mei wasn't in the area but it was fine, I didn't really want to discuss the matter that I had on my mind with her just yet if ever.
   Laying in the beds were of course Nadeshiko and Masamune however Nadeshiko was up and chatting up a storm to Masamune who was on his back and looking like he was about to kill her. "Hey you two." I said alerting them to my presence. They immediately stopped and looked at me. Nadeshiko just seemed relatively happy to see me while Masamune looked ready to get to his knees and kiss the ground I walked on.

"HI!"

"Thank god you're here! Shut her up!"

"Hey!"

   They both began to glare at each other and another little quarrell between them was most likely going to break out at any moment.

"I'm going to have to go back to Konoha...."

   That stopped both of them as they looked at me. Their eyes were wide beyond belief and I could see all of the questions swimming in their eyes. My heart stung painfully at those stares.

"But... why?" Nadeshiko whispered.

"I don't have a choice.... our mission is over which means that we have to return..."

"Then... I guess you need to pack y-"

"It's not fair!" I screamed and kicked the air.

"Lolly!" Masamune reprimanded.

"I can't take it anymore! I'm so tired of being the one that everyone expects perfection from! I can't stand having to be the one that lets people down and has to make the tough decisions!"

   Tears sprang from my eyes as I fell down on the floor and sobbed like a two year old. Looking back on this moment I'm not particularly proud of it but everyone is entitled to a few meltdowns. It was then that I felt two pairs of arms wrap around me.
   Snuggling in closer I just sat there and cried like I was a little girl all over again. God how pathetic I felt right now. "It's ok... you can't and shouldn't have to be the strong perfect leader all of the time." Nadeshiko whispered. I shook my head and detatched myself from them.
   "It doesn't matter, we have to pack our things. We're heading back to the Hidden Rock Village with you two and then we're going." I sighed and wiped my face. I didn't want to have to leave but it wasn't up to me anymore.
   Walking out of the room I walked to mine and packed up my stuff. By mid day we were all set to leave. Everyone seemed to be a bit on the iritable side but I ignored that. Turning to Granny Mei I looked at her with an emotionless face; beside her stood Kaito. He was glaring at me but I wasn't focusing on him. 
   "I'm sorry." Was all at that said. She looked at me and shook her head, "For what?" She replied. I smiled sadly and hugged her tightly. She tensed slightly but didn't pull away from me. Within a few moments I relinquished my hold on her and began to walk away with the group. My feet grew heavier with each step and a lump formed in my throat. Something told me deep down that this was the last time that I would see Granny Mei for a very long time.
   It wasn't too long before we skirted into the village. The entire trek there was tedious and awkward for me since the whole breakup thing. Every time that I would simply look at Shikamaru my heart twinged painfully. So I preferred to avert my gaze yet I found my eyes unintentionally wandering towards him. 
   We took a slight detour on our way to the Tsuchikage's building just to drop off Nadeshiko and Masamune in the hospital. Once they were situated in a sick ward together the others gave us some time to say our farewells.
   "I... I guess this is good-bye..." I sighed painfully. I never have liked saying good-bye to anyone.